|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Aug 2022, 06:14 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Duty Station: Amman
Type: Full Time
Status: National Employee
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Languages: English, Arabic
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Food Security and Livelihood Unit – FSL Unit undertakes regular food security and livelihood surveys, market and value chain analysis, food price monitoring activities, rapid assessments, and mapping services to inform the humanitarian partners with updated food security and livelihood information. These help both programmatic decisions and advocacy efforts. To support the entire process from the design of data collection to data analysis and reporting, the FSL Unit in the MENA office employs a Market Analyst to support research, analysis and reporting of food security and livelihood studies.
Description of Duties
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative market assessments, and food security and livelihood studies.
• Provide technical support on economic and statistical analysis methods.
• Provide technical support in the design of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, and data analysis using different methods of descriptive statistics and qualitative analysis.
• Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports.
• Facilitate the preparation of studies/assessments such as mapping and commodities price monitoring activities.
• Provide technical support to work related to the analysis of value chains and market systems.
• Assist in developing monitoring plans to regularly track changes in key market systems profiles and how these impact the livelihoods of affected populations.
• Assist in the development of capacity building material and capacity building events.
• Assist in providing ad-hoc analysis and review of analysis text that are related to iMMAP products.
• Assist in quality control of products in terms of messaging and ensuring products are focused on their target audience.
• Establish personal credibility with the iMMAP team, and contribute to creating an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility, and quality of services.
• Assist the data visualization team in producing interactive reports, factsheets, and dashboards.
• Provide support and assist in business development through project proposals for the FSL Unit.
• Establish project study documentation files to archive completed study deliverables to meet auditable basic standards.
• Perform other duties as required.
Reporting and Representation
• He/she will report directly to the Livelihood Coordinator. The position holder works within the Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Unit as well as with iMMAP country, regional and headquarters-based Operations, Administration/Finance and Technical Support units.
• Maintain effective and positive internal contacts within the MENA FSL Unit, iMMAP country and regional representatives, external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public.
• Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
• Follow security protocols as laid down by the MENA iMMAP Security focal person and the Global Security Advisor.
• As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that he/she will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP, as well as individual professional development.
• Advanced University degree in Economics, Development Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Market Research, Supply Chain or other relevant studies. First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
• Typically, three years or more of professional experience in the field of humanitarian consulting or market research.
• Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
• Strong English technical writing skills is a requirement.
Essential Technical Skills
• Strong quantitative skills are required.
• Experience in working with household survey data is an asset.
• Experience working in a team, involving people of different nationalities and/or cultures.
• Strong skills in both macro and microeconomic analysis and preferably in relation to food security.
• Statistical analysis (primary and secondary data collection/collation and analysis).
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Proficiency in at least one statistical software package is required (Stata, R, SPSS).
• Competencies: Cognitive Capacity, Teamwork, Action Management, Innovation, Partnering, Client Orientation, Advisory Skills, Facilitation and Training.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
DISCLAIMER: Note that due to the urgency of this position, application will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the recruitment closing date.
Apply at: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/623/