|Organization Name||:||Southeast Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN)|
|Location||:||Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Aug 2022, 06:08 am|
|Closing Date||:||03 Sep 2022, 12:00 am|
Job title: Senior Knowledge Management Officer
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Contract period: One year with a possibility of renewal.
Start: October 2022, subject to when the award is made
The spillover of infectious agents from animals to humans in recent decades has had a significant impact on the health of humans, animals, and our environment. To minimize the impact of future pandemic threats, the Southeast Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN) was established in 2011 to develop skillful and competent One Health (OH) workforce with support from the U.S. Agency for International Development and its One Health Workforce – Next Generation (OHW-NG) project.
Since its establishment, SEAOHUN has expanded network membership from 10 universities in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam to 95 universities in eight countries, including the four founding countries plus Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, and the Philippines. The expansion was made possible with the support of Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), U.S. Department of State (DOS) through its Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI), and USAID. Our university members come from multiple disciplines connected to the health of humans, animals, and the environment.
Our educational programs promote and facilitate collaborative activities and projects among the countries with an emphasis on improving One Health workforce capacity with cross-sectoral competencies to effectively prevent, detect, and respond to all hazards and emerging threats. Examples of our educational initiatives include the development of One Health core and technical competencies, curriculum development and strengthening, introducing innovative teaching methodologies such as One Health problem-based learning cases, building research capacity to provide an evidence-base for One Health advocacy, One Health student clubs, and scholarship and fellowship programs to support long-term capacity development.
The SEAOHUN Secretariat based in Chiang Mai, Thailand, is the coordinating body for all the country networks. The Secretariat manages subawards with the country networks, facilitates SEAOHUN Executive Board meetings and regional activities, strengthens One Health university networks in Southeast Asia through capacity building activities, and partners with national, international and non-governmental organizations to build the next generation of One Health leaders. The Secretariat represents interests of its country networks at regional meetings/conferences/forums of Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Detect 1 and Detect 5 packages, ASEAN+3 Field Epidemiology Training Network (FETN), the Tripartite (FAO/OIE/WHO), among the others. SEAOHUN has partnered with Pfizer Thailand to address the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in Thailand, and with Chevron to strengthen One Health education in Southeast Asia.
For more information, you may visit https://www.seaohun.org/ and http://facebook.com/seaohun.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, the Senior Knowledge Management (KM) Officer will support knowledge management efforts of One Health training within Southeast Asia. This person will develop and manage an online platform similar to the One Health Workforce Academies (https://onehealthworkforceacademies.org/), contextualizing and adapting it for the region with IT support. The Senior KM Officer will also support the national One Health University Networks (OHUNs) in expanding and consolidating OH knowledge management within their networks. The responsibilities of the Senior KM Officer cover the following.
• Steward the development of the One Health Workforce Academies online platform for Southeast Asia (OHWA-SEA), including structure and content design.
• Manage the OHWA-SEA platform. This will include updating knowledge products (such as training and educational content), supporting the translation of content into local languages, collaborating with an IT consultant to support the platform, and identifying and collating existing One Health educational resources.
• Organize and facilitate trainings for OHUN members to use the OHWA-SEA platform including storage, retrieval and dissemination of knowledge products within their networks.
• Collaborate with SEAOHUN Senior MEL Officer and SEAOHUN member countries (OHUNs) on surveying knowledge and skills among One Health alumni, in-service health professionals, and coordinating with subject matter experts in developing new training content based on survey results.
• Contribute to the design and maintenance of database systems including AirTable, and monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) tables to enable creation and dissemination of knowledge products which are aligned with project MEL requirements.
• Support Senior MEL Officer on external reporting including updates on OHWA-SEA progress.
• Assist Program Manager in preparation of work plan and budget related to KM activities.
• Establish good working relationships with SEAOHUN program partners.
• Ensure that program results are properly kept, organized, and stored in physical and electronic formats in accordance with the SEAOHUN and funders’ standards and procedures.
• Perform other tasks as assigned and needed for successful program implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant discipline such as information technology, information systems, public health, or public policy with previous training in knowledge management preferred.
• At least three years’ work experience (Master’s) or five years’ work experience (Bachelor’s) in knowledge management or similar field, design and management of online content and database design and management.
• Experience developing knowledge products such as infographics, case studies, lessons learned, and FAQs.
• Experience working with government agencies, intergovernmental agencies, academic universities, or NGOs is required.
• Experiences of working in multi-country projects and of working in Southeast Asian countries are preferred.
• Experience with USAID-funded projects is highly desirable. Experience in One Health is an asset.
• Proven effective communication skills in English, both written and oral. This includes networking, negotiation, and diplomatic skills.
• Self-starting, ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision are required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team in a multicultural environment is necessary.
• Skills in data analysis and data management is an asset.
• Skills in Google workspace, database design, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Sharepoint, or website content management systems is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter, a resume or curriculum vitae in PDF format, and state a current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Apply for Senior KM Officer”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with the first round of reviews on 22 August 2022. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. SEAOHUN reserves its rights to offer a KM Officer position to candidates with less experience. The salary for this position will depend on qualifications and experience and in line with projects funds.
SEAOHUN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Email id: secretariat+recruitment(at)seaohun.org