|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Jun 2022, 05:54 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Jul 2022, 12:00 am|
Stand.earth is experiencing unprecedented growth, more than doubling in size since 2019. As we enter a new era of our organization's history, we are seeking a Senior Climate Finance Campaigner position to advance our climate finance campaign strategy in the USA with a focus on banks.
If you are passionate about Stand's mission, like taking on big challenges, and moving corporate targets and major market sectors for industry-wide change and justice on a mass scale for a safer planet, then read on! This might be the perfect role for you.
Stand.earth is a nonprofit environmental organization working to create a world where respect for people and the environment comes first. Our campaigns challenge destructive corporate and governmental practices, demand accountability, and create solutions that support all of us - and the environment and climate upon which we depend. Stand's strategic approach and fierce determination have yielded extraordinary results: Since 2000, we've secured the protection of millions of acres of wilderness, shifted billions of dollars of corporate purchasing toward responsible options, and transformed the environmental practices of more than 100 major U.S. corporations.
Stand recognizes and respects the sovereignty of First Nations and tribes, as well as the rights of Indigenous Peoples and frontline communities. These communities are often first and most directly impacted by environmental pollution and climate change, and they provide critical leadership in developing solutions.
Stand is an equal opportunity employer; we have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ+ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance applying to this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
Reporting to the Climate Finance Director, the Senior Climate Finance Campaigner position is responsible for advancing our climate finance campaign strategy in the USA with a focus on banks. We are seeking to transform the financial system, shifting the flow of money away from fossil fuel companies and into just and equitable climate solutions.
This position is responsible for designing and implementing campaign strategy and plans, communicating through traditional and digital channels with key audiences, coordinating with allies and partners and movement building with frontline communities and organizations.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and adjusted based on location, but will likely be within the range of $62,000 to $85,000 USD. Stand.earth offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package including excellent health and dental insurance (covering full premiums for US employees and their dependents), flexible health spending accounts, 3 weeks paid vacation in the first year (increases in future years), 20 paid holidays, 4.5-day work week, and a 3-month paid sabbatical after 7 years continuous full-time employment.
This role will be based in the USA. The role will be remote from the comfort of the candidate's own home or co-working space. There is also the option to work out of one of our hub offices.
This position will work closely with the rest of the Climate Finance campaign team, and must have a strong interest and commitment to Stand.earth's values. Please apply with a cover letter and resume after seeing the full scope of work below.
• Develop and coordinate, along with the rest of the Stand.earth Climate Finance team, our corporate campaign to expose big banks' significant investments in fossil fuel companies, mobilizing people power to drive action by the banks including exclusion and emissions reduction policies, divestment and reinvestment in climate solutions.
• Build an effective, leaderful movement through multiracial and multigenerational coalition building with partner NGOs and communities
• Manage relationships with partner organizations and coordinate relevant and complementary activities and tactics across the USA.
• Serve as one of Stand.earth's spokespeople on the Climate Finance campaign in the USA for media and contribute to the development of campaign communications strategies and supporting materials
• Contribute to the development of online and offline organizing tactics that support and achieve the campaign's goals and objectives, including the recruitment of supporters online and offline
• Supervise and engage contractors in areas of organizing and research as needed
Who you'll be:
• 5-7 years of working in the environmental and/or social justice campaigns sector
• Experience leading corporate, fossil fuel divestment or finance campaigns including direct negotiations with targets.
• Experience with multiracial movement building, including supporting BIPOC-lead organizing and centering Indigenous and other frontline communities in campaigns
• Have a keen eye to power mapping corporate targets and how to move them
• Understanding of financial systems and pillars that enable fossil fuel companies.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
• Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
• Independent, driven and self-motivated
• Digital and media savvy - familiar enough with this campaigning landscape to identify rapid response opportunities and propose smart digital and media tactics to respond to these moments
• Keen eye on the prize attitude, always scanning for opportunities and the path to building pressure and winning
• Enthusiasm and passion for campaigning
• Passion for working with a dynamic team in a rapid response environment
• Self-awareness, confidence and creativity
• Maturity of judgment and operating talent to achieve credibility and influence with senior management, board members, colleagues and peer organizations
• Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication and collaboration
Desired (but not required):
• Additional language skills, particularly in Spanish
• Experience with Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion training
• Experience working with and engaging shareholders and investors
• Expertise building and executing national or international level strategic campaigns.
Apply at: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/STANDearth/jobs/2425357/Senior-Climate-Finance-Campaigner