|Location||:||Kinshasa, Congo, Democratic Republic of|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Dec 2021, 04:39 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Jan 2022, 12:00 am|
Position: Deputy Head of Mission
Country and Base of posting: DR CONGO, KINSHASA
Duration of Mission: 12 months with possible extension
Start date: ASAP
MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases).
Currentlly we have open missions in South Sudan, DR Congo, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia. Since start we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In DR Congo, MAGNA has opened mission in 2009 and currentlly we are working in Yumbi, Kasai, Equator and Kinshasa provinces providing access to medical care for population in crisis, through static healthcare centres, mobile health and outreach interventions.
Supporting the Head of Mission through delegated tasks and responsibilities, managing the day-to- day functioning of the capital office and team, ensuring contacts with local authorities according to MAGNA protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to the optimal functioning of the mission The Deputy Head of Mission replaces the Head of Mission in his/her absence.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Contributing to the mission strategy; including the Country Policy, Annual Plan, budget and policy frameworks: Monitoring the annual plan to ensure alignment with MAGNA strategies and Mission policies
• Representing MAGNA towards other actors at national level, and supporting the PC with representation at local level.
• Contributing to the analysis of the political, humanitarian and medical situation in the country and in the region. Identifying potential fields of intervention and determining response strategies. Supporting the Head of Mission in the preparation of project proposals and project reports for donors.
• Contributing to the planning and implementation of medical-humanitarian activities in the mission according to MAGNA standards and protocols, their monitoring and evaluation, as well as their outcomes
• Ensuring proper planning and coordination of resources in the projects in order to implement MAGNA activities
• Managing the Capital Office team.
• Supporting the HoM in implementing all Human Resources-policies ensuring that MAGNA acts as a responsible employer in terms of working conditions and reduction of security and health risks.
• Monitoring, analyzing and ensuring the implementation of the local security plans
• Guaranteeing and coordinating the implementation of the security framework and ensuring the understanding thereof within the mission, informing the Head of Mission on potential security risks, incidents and context changes
• Performing tasks delegated ad hoc by the Head of Mission depending on the dimension of the mission
Required knowledge and skills
University degree. Particularly in medicine, public health or paramedical or the field of international relations is a plus.
• At least two years in management positions in humanitarian aid.
• Essential experience with MAGNA or other NGOs
• Essential working experience in developing countries.
Knowledge and skills
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• English and Mission language essential
• Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (ECHO, UN agencies...)
Required Personal Characteristics
(fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
• Good stress management
• Resistance to pressure
• Analytical capability
• Organized and methodical
• Strong sense of responsibilities
• Strong listening and empathy skills
• Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
• Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
• Good communication skills
• Honesty and rigor
EMPLOYED with a Fixed-Term Contract
Your gross monthly untaxed salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience. It includes as well per diem for all days you are working in your country of assignment.
Starting from 2.400 to 3.167 Euros
MAGNA field salaries are calculated in EUR and are not negotiable as they are part of a harmonized agreement across the MAGNA network.
• PER DIEM paid in local currency in the field (900 USD/month)
• TRANSPORTATION: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas...
• INSURANCE including medical coverage, 24/7 assistance and repatriation
• BREAK POLICY: 5 working days at 3, 6 and 9 months (200 USD break allowance + 400 USD flight)
• PAID LEAVES POLICY: 20 days of paid leaves per year
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address: email@example.com
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “DEPUTY HEAD OF MISSION DR CONGO”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)oc.magna.org