|Organization Name||:||Pure Earth|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Nov 2021, 03:50 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
ABOUT PURE EARTH
Pure Earth www.pureearth.org is the leading international not-for-profit dedicated to reducing pollution, saving lives and protecting the planet. Pollution is the leading cause of the death in world, more than HIV, AIDS and TB combined. Pure Earth identifies and cleans up severely polluted places in low and middle-income countries, focusing on sites where human health, especially that of women and children, is most at risk. Since 1999, Pure Earth has completed 110 pilot projects in 27 countries, impacting 4.2 million lives. In addition, Pure Earth spearheaded a landmark pollution report published in 2017 in the world-renowned medical journal, The Lancet, which released new data on the health and economic impacts of pollution as well as the solutions.
The Program Officer will be part of Bangladesh team and will work closely in managing large grants that are operational in multiple settings. The ideal candidate will have coordinating role as well as with superb report writing skills, ability to work independently, be extremely detail oriented, and have experience in environmental, environmental health, international development, and/or pollution-related projects.
The Program Officer will report to Bangladesh Country Director and work closely with other operational staff, providing administrative and logistic support to large multi-year projects. Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with the management of a portfolio of grant-funded toxic pollution assessment, exposure mitigation, and community education projects with government agencies (DGHS and DoE), icddrb, UNICEF and Stanford university and monitoring project progress against contracts
• Contributing to the preparation of different sector analytical reports, policy briefs on issues of national relevance as well as other dissemination materials that the organization is tasked to undertake;
• Have good knowledge of budget preparation, implementation process.
• Facilitate effective coordination and joint planning between the partners and
other key stakeholders towards achieving objective and specific results outlined
in the project documents
• Communications including drafting and editing formal reports for donors; publicizing projects and results
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in public health, social science, environmental science, economic, development studies, or related field.
• Minimum three years of relevant work experience.
• Excellent report writing and editing skills. Ability to write effectively for diverse audiences, including donors, and project partners.
• Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in diverse cultural environments and coordinate national as well an international team
• Ability to develop and deliver on goals; identify priority activities and assignments; and problem-solving skills in adjusting plans and activities as necessary
• Experience with statistical software, excel, Microsoft office and ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
• Ability to effectively represent Pure Earth as the interface with UNICEF, ICDDRB and other partners
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Email id: sandyl(at)pureearth.org