|Organization Name||:||Maram Foundation|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Nov 2021, 05:26 am|
|Closing Date||:||05 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
Job title: Finance Manager
Reports to: CEO
Contract: 12+ months
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: Immediately
Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (MF) is seeking an experienced Finance and Accounting Manager.
In addition to financial and allocated projects funds management, the finance manager must provide leadership, clear strategic planning, shared values in an encouraging organizational culture, and build effective relationships between Maram Foundation and donors.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the accuracy of the daily accounting and finance activities, enforcing all statutory requirements, improving processes, procedures and supporting all internal and external audits.
• Responsible for day-to-day finance and accounting functions, management of finance and accountant staff, review financial documents for accuracy, maintaining records and preparing money transfer requests, monitor project expenses, and ensuring that those financial functions are carried out within the framework of MF and DONORS policies and procedures.
• Develop a financing strategy and associated policies for MF finance and accounting department.
• Develop accurate and justified project budget.
• Structure budgets in different DONOR formats to accompany funding proposals.
• Create budgets for program implementation.
• Develop a budget monitoring report to compare the budget with actual performance.
• Comply with DONOR reporting requirements and develop standard reporting formats to aid in the consolidation of grant budgets and expenditures.
• Ensure all DONOR contractual and legal requirements for documentation of expenditures are met to facilitate attribution of expenses to donors when funding is obtained and ensure compliance with contractual and legal requirements.
• Define and produce financial reports on utilization of funding to aid senior management in the decision-making process.
• Maintains the general ledger and all related Project Accounts with proper documentation and monthly or yearly closing of the general ledger.
• Prepares Monthly Bank Reconciliation for all project accounts; verifies the accuracy of bank statements and resolve questions or problems; maintains the integrity of cash balances and cash flow systems.
• Responsible for review and preparation of payroll records and processing of payroll Cash payments or BANK /PTT payments direct deposit or transfers.
• Maintains fixed asset records and inventory in all locations.
• Facilitate donor, external and internal audit; coordinate audit preparation and documents for auditors.
• Enforce country financial regulations and laws.
• Performs other accounting duties as required or as requested by the CEO.
• At least five years of relevant experience in Finance and accounting management including at least two years of experience in an NGO;
• Bachelor degree is required in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any related field, CPA, CMA would be an advantage;
• Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures;
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
• Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills;
• Flaunt in Arabic and English languages, Turkish language is a definite plus.
• Turkish nationality is a definite plus, or at least a valid Turkish work permit.
• Ability to travel in the region.
Job Requirements Related to the Syrian Conflict
In-depth knowledge of the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs and stakeholders, personal awareness, and engagement.
Technical Skills Requirements
1. Microsoft Office: Excel and Word;
2. Accounting software.
3. Project Management;
4. Familiar with social media.
How to apply
Maram Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or other protected characteristics.
Please apply using the following link: