|Organization Name||:||Preferred by Nature|
|Location||:||Home Office or Aarhus, Denmark|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Oct 2021, 10:50 am|
|Closing Date||:||30 Oct 2021, 12:00 am|
Passionate about forest management and biomass? Dedicated to protection of biodiversity and sustainable use of biomass? Want to work with organisations from all over the world?
If you recognised yourself, this position may be the right one for you!
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our services and projects help organisations with their sustainability efforts, build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and support social wellbeing.
We are currently seeking a new team member for forest management and biomass auditor position. The new person will work within our climate programme and will have primary focus on servicing our SBP, FSC and PEGC clients.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
• Act as Lead Auditor on selected evaluations, conducting audits against SBP, PEFC FM, FSC FM, FSC CoC and PEFC CoC standards.
• Engage with main biomass players and represent Preferred by Nature in front of main biomass stakeholders (energy producers, biomass producers, NGOs, state authorities).
• Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in Denmark – this could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients and finalising and reviewing reports.
• Develop and implement evaluation schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of these.
• Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols.
• Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in Denmark to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, technical guidance on interpretation of certification standards and the certification process and trademark use.
• Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in FSC/PEFC and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols.
• Manage questions and disputes relating to active certification evaluations and clients consistent with Preferred by Nature and certification scheme policies.
• Client portfolio administration (80 – 100 clients).
• Master’s degree in Forestry or similar field.
• At least 3 years’ experience with similar position.
• Previous experience with forestry in Denmark is must.
• Experience with identification of HCVs
• Previous experience with biomass sector is an advantage.
• Fluency in Danish and English is a must. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
• You have interest and ability to travel. This can be up to approximately 40% of working time.
• You are self-driven and highly motivated and can work on your initiative and drive things forward by yourself and together in a team.
• You have a high level of self-discipline, and you can organize and manage your time and tasks independently.
• You are comfortable frequently communicating with colleagues around the world via various technical platforms.
• You are a constructive team player with an open attitude and a good ability to work with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. The current team is multicultural and from various regions globally.
• You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
• Work time: full time position
• The position reports to our Climate Director, based in Czech Republic.
• Working location: office in Aarhus or home office
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Expected starting date: as soon as possible
• An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
• A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
• Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
• Potential future international travel opportunities.
• All employees are members of the organisation and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 30 October 2021 via the application form below.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Ondrej Tarabus, Director Climate
Tereza Bezecna, Senior HR for Europe and Russia
Apply at: https://preferredbynature.org/careers/biomass-auditor