|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty|
|Location||:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Sep 2021, 04:32 am|
|Closing Date||:||23 Oct 2021, 12:00 am|
Working in a team environment, The Visual Designer is responsible for designing RFE/RL’s suite of online and print products, working on mobile, apps, tablet and desktop – for over 25 language public-facing sites, Intranet sites and in-house CMS from concept to launch. He/she possesses superb hands-on design skills as well as significant UI experience to identify and implement strategic best practice solutions. The Visual Designer knows the best practices for typography, color and layout, usability guidelines and which principles to emulate and which to disregard. This position includes design development, graphic layout/production and interacting with internal staff at all levels of the organization.
• Create online promotional materials, various graphic content, web pages, web page elements, interactive banners, infographics, icons, maps, social media templates, advertisements and marketing campaigns, HTML emails, site promotions, partner channels, and other site features/enhancements.
• Prepare designs for print and other offline promotions like posters, brochures, billboards, banners, book covers, t-shirts, etc.
• Helping to design innovative mobile, tablet, desktop and app design, working toward a “one web” Internet presence.
• Creates webpage layouts and content “widget” containers based on usability patterns. Implements these creative elements and graphics in conjunction with developers, interactive designers and site editors. Help journalists visually organize their online content and pages, and builds comprehensive and user-friendly information architecture for RFE/RL websites.
• Develops guidelines governing the design aspects of RFE/RL's web and print publications especially with respect to maintaining a uniform and professional corporate identity.
• Determines and ensures project graphics are consistent with the existing corporate identity and business plan.
• Stays current with state-of-the-art web site practices, including mobile/tablet/desktop UI, graphic presentation, interactivity and other relevant areas; provides guidance and support in those areas.
• Works to design, implement and upgrade web based or web enabled applications for Intranet and Internet environments, including web interfaces to legacy systems. Works to ensure the integrity, quality and consistency of the design throughout the project.
• Writes design specifications for website programming.
• Maintains the graphic web products, development and archive of project files, templates and paper/electronic documents.
• Tests the functionality and usability of new web products.
• Combination of education and experience
• Graphic Design or a related field BA - Bachelor’s degree (Desirable)
• Hands-on experience in online and print promotional design, 3-4 Years (Desirable)
• Experience in mobile web and mobile application (iOS/Android) UI design 1-2 Years (Desirable)
• Relevant industry experience as a UI designer engaged in conceptual development, information architecture, wireframing, design systems, usability testing and execution of creative assignments. 3-4 Years (Mandatory)
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously. (Mandatory)
• Ability to work with minimum supervision (Mandatory)
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment. (Mandatory)
• Accuracy and fine attention to detail (Mandatory)
• Communication skills; written and verbal. (Mandatory)
• Organizational skills (Mandatory)
• Relevant software knowledge for creating mock-ups, prototypes, and UI elements and patterns. (Mandatory)
• Time Management (Mandatory)
• Broadcast region language Working Knowledge Oral + Written
• Czech language Working Knowledge Oral + Written
• English language Proficient (Mandatory)
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Apply at: https://apply.teamio.com/public/respond?vacancy=1570768203&rps=202
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.