|Organization Name||:||REEEP - Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||10 Sep 2021, 04:42 am|
|Closing Date||:||08 Oct 2021, 12:00 am|
Position: Computer and Information Systems Manager (40 h/week)
Reports to: Head of Business Administration
Hours: 40 hours all-in, flexitime possible
Duration: open-ended contract
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) invests in clean energy markets in low- and middle-income countries to generate energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities, build sustainable markets, and combat climate change. REEEP is a Quasi-International Organisation under Austrian law operating in a growing international environment that is rapidly expanding in influence and impact. REEEP values innovation, cooperation and commitment and has a young and results-oriented team of approximately 26 staff at its International Secretariat in Vienna, Austria working hand-in-hand with partners based in our countries of implementation.
About the Role
As part of the REEEP International Secretariat, you will support REEEPs digital infrastructure: you make sure that the organisation is adopting and running a stable, secure and efficient digital environment in line with REEEPs strategic business plan. You will help define and implement organisation-wide processes and systems, and work with all teams – from finance to communications to all of our public-facing initiatives (“programmes”). You will have a hands-on role in setting up and maintaining such systems. This role is also responsible for system security requirements for compliance with data protection policies in the organisation.
For this role, demonstrable experience managing organisational IT infrastructure is required, as well as the ability to balance the technical and business needs of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position has the following tasks and responsibilities within REEEP:
• Collaborate and support the development of REEEP’s digital infrastructure to support REEEP’s business model
• Support all information systems for REEEP-wide use, including cross-programme software solutions, collaboration and communication platforms, and information systems (i.e. workflow management system (Fluxx), Microsoft 365 Suite, Confluence, BMD)
• Manage relationships, partnerships and contracts with system service providers
• Advise on customizations for existing information systems on new features and functionalities
• Administer REEEP’s digital infrastructure
• Update and maintain REEEP’s IT Policies and Procedures in collaboration with REEEP’s Management
• Define permissions, roles, and responsibilities for information systems in collaboration with REEEP’s Head of Business Administration
• Work with individual programmes and software providers to ensure compliance with REEEP’s IT Policy
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
• Develop guidelines to guide the acquisition and use of software and hardware
• Keep track of the organisation’s equipment (IT asset management) and procure new equipment where necessary (considering use cases, budgets, etc.)
• Support and advice the organisation and programme systems in use (cloud services, email/active directory, websites, IT Infrastructure) as well as the main administrator for Public Cloud Service providers
• Provide support to users by responding to and addressing problems encountered by users through a helpdesk environment (JIRA)
• Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
• Liaise with third party vendors, IT providers, etc. for specific requirements
• Inform and train users on system changes, downtimes of services, etc.
• Troubleshoot server-side issues as they arise
• Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
• Provide advice and support for programmes with the procurement or use of IT systems, including legacy systems currently used by REEEP
• Collaborate and support REEEP’s Management Coordinate to address facets related to data protection matters
• Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
• Support the IT aspects for REEEP owned web presences, webinars and during events
About the Profile
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in: Information Systems/Information Technology or Computer Science
• 5 years of practical work experience, preferably in an international or English speaking environment
• Min. 2 years of hands-on experience with HTML/CSS, JS, SQL, PowerShell, Ruby and any other scripting language
• Admin-level knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office 365, Windows 10
• Exposure to various software development methodologies and experience as project manager
• Knowledge of computer and phone Oss, AWS and Azure administration, and experience in implementing IT Security measures
• Excellent command of English, REEEP’s working language
• Pro-active, service-oriented team player and problem solver with solid interpersonal, communication and time management skills
• Knowledge of Shopify’s liquid template language and REST API
• Experience with the creation and maintenance of DNS records and DNS zones, DHCP, FTP and SFTP Server, command line
• Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
• Knowledge of software development architecture
• Experience with BI solutions (e.g. PowerBI)
About the Package
For this 40h/week full time all-in position, REEEP offers a minimum annual salary of EUR 44,800 (gross, subject to Austrian social security deduction, currently free of income tax due to REEEP’s status as “Quasi-International Organisation”). It further includes five weeks paid leave as well as an average of 14 Austrian and UN holidays per annum.
The envisaged starting date is as soon as possible.
The REEEP offices are located in the Vienna International Centre (“UNO City”) in Vienna, Austria. REEEP is not in the position to cover relocation costs or any other travel costs incurred, e.g. for job interviews.
REEEP is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard for age, gender, race, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
About the Application
Applicants are kindly requested to address their CV, motivation letter and any supporting documents to email@example.com. Please note that only complete and timely submitted applications will be considered, and that only short-listed candidates will receive individual communication. The selection procedure may include a written test.
Application deadline: Until filled
This is an advertisement for a full-time staff position. Please do not contact us unless you are applying for the position. Solicitations from service providers and brokers will be deleted and marked as spam.
By sending us your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data indicated in your application documents and related correspondence. Your application is treated strictly confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your personal data and application documents are only shared with REEEP staff and REEEP Governing Board members of the evaluation committee directly involved in the application process. In exceptional cases, recruitment processes include panel interviews which involve external members. If you are invited to such a panel interview, your application documents will also be shared with external panellists to allow them to prepare for the interview. REEEP will store your personal data and documents until six months after the application process has been completed, unless you consent to REEEP keeping your application in evidence for future job openings. Please see our Privacy Statement for further information on your rights under the GDPR and REEEP’s contact data.
Job Email id: jobs(at)reeep.org