|Location||:||Arlington, VA, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jun 2021, 05:27 am|
|Closing Date||:||18 Jul 2021, 12:00 am|
Position Type: US-based Staff
ECODIT is an international development ?rm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50 countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
Reporting to the VP of Administration, the Human Resources (HR) Manager is a generalist who leads all aspects of human resources to include staff recruitment, policies and procedures, performance management, compensation, benefits and human resources information system (HRIS), employee relations and professional development. S/he also maintains the HRIS interface with ECODIT’s accounting and payroll systems.
• Manage and improve all stages of recruitment and selection, including drafting job advertisements, screening candidates and coordinating the interview process, and onboarding new employees;
• Draft employment offers for home office staff;
• Oversee the development of employment agreement templates and manuals for local hires in field offices to ensure compliance with local laws as well as ECODIT policies;
• Manage compensation benchmarking processes to ensure competitive and equitable salaries;
• Manage and maintain the HRIS, including generating HR and metrics reports;
• Manage employee relations;
• Monitor and manage benefits and educate staff on their packages;
• Periodically update job descriptions as needed;
• Maintain onboarding, orientation and staff training and development system;
• Review and update HR policies and procedures;
• Facilitate performance management processes;
• Manage electronic HR records; and
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and international employment laws.
• Bachelor’s with eight (8) years of human resources experience in the international development sector or equivalent combination of education and experience; a master’s with six (6) years of experience may be substituted;
• Experience with developing and implementing HR policies and procedures and understanding and applying the law;
• Experience working with a USAID or federal government contractor;
• Excellent analytical, judgement and problem-solving skills;
• Strong communication and writing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, and mediation capabilities;
• Attention to detail and ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritize tasks;
• Adaptability and flexibility to work with multiple team members;
• Budget and finance experience a plus;
• Ability to work independently in a flexible small-business environment;
• Proficiency in using ADP Workforce Now, training & development systems, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
• Prior experience using Taleo;
• HR certification a plus;
• Current U.S. work authorization required.
Please note that this position is eligible for telework unless otherwise specified.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter with CV immediately. Only select candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
ECODIT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate in its hiring and employment practices. All applicants will be considered for employment opportunities solely on the basis of merit and not, in any way, on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion; marital status, disability or genetic information; citizenship or national origin, veteran’s status or other protected status as established by law.
Apply at: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ECODITLLC&cws=39&rid=345