|Organization Name||:||Muslim Aid|
|Location||:||Gaza, Palestinian Territory, Occupied|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||20 Jun 2021, 05:24 am|
|Closing Date||:||18 Jul 2021, 12:00 am|
You must be located in Gaza for this role
Summary of the role:
In February 2018, with funds raised during the annual Ramadhan appeals, MAUK supported the implementation of an emergency healthcare project, for 9 months in Palestine. Aimed at improving drinking water supply in Schools and Kindergartens to vulnerable communities in the Gaza Strip.
The RO water desalination project (2018-26) involved ensuring children had increased access to safe drinking water, through installation of 51 reverse osmosis water desalination units generated by solar-powered cells, as well as training on maintenance and community awareness campaigns.
The second RO water desalination project (2019-131) involved the same above activities in schools and kindergartens, with the addition of healthcare facilities. In this phase, 70 water desalination units were installed across facilities and 40 existing units received maintenance; 200 hygiene awareness sessions were provided to the community, as well as distribution of 10,000 water flasks.
Although project implementation is monitored through regular project progress reports submitted to donors, a more comprehensive and objective evaluation by an external consultant is deemed essential to validate results reported, and to capture learning and recommendations to directly inform MAUKs future healthcare and WASH strategy in Palestine.
About the Role:
To review and assess the implementation and impact of 2 emergency healthcare projects:
I. 2018-26 Project Objective:
Improving drinking water supply in schools and kindergartens to vulnerable communities in the Gaza Strip.
II. 2019-131 Project Objective:
Installation and maintenance of solar-powered water desalination units in educational and healthcare facilities in Gaza.
• Over 3 years’ experience as an evaluation professional, you must have a social science degree, or equivalent you’ll have a strong understanding of applied evaluation methodologies and tools. Demonstrable experience of leading multiple evaluations (essential); Significant skills and technical knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis (essential)
• Excellent communication skills including report writing (essential)
• Experience of collecting, analysing and synthesising qualitative data using a rigorous approach (essential)
• Experience of working with children, facilitating participatory approaches to data collection (essential)
• Fluent English in both writing and speaking (essential)
• Willingness to familiarize self with and sign up to abide by Muslim Aid’s Global Safeguarding Policy (essential).
• A good understanding of the local social and cultural conditions.
• Independent from the projects or objects of evaluation. The consultant should not be involved with the stakeholders.
How to apply
Interested experts are invited to apply by submitting the following application documents to email@example.com:
• Curriculum Vitae (CV) and letter of motivation outlining how your experience, skills, qualifications, and professional background fit with the required deliverables (one page maximum)
• A technical proposal (2-3 page) outlining evaluation methodology and outline a basic indicative plan to be used in accordance with the requirements set in the ToR including cost.
• Copy of a relevant evaluation report through indication of web links or submission of PDF attachments.
Job Email id: recruitment(at)muslimaid.org