|Organization Name||:||BBC Media Action|
|Location||:||Online, United Kingdom|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 May 2021, 06:58 am|
|Closing Date||:||30 May 2021, 12:00 am|
JOB TITLE: Freelance Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Senior Digital Product Designer, EDIT team.
DURATION: Freelance (salary TBC)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Experience in editorial design and illustrations are required.
CLOSING DATE: 30 April 2021
Candidates should send their CV, example of previous works, a cover letter (in English) that outlines their relevant experience, and a financial proposal that includes their daily rate by email email@example.com. Please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm on 30 April 2021.
BBC Media Action:
We are the BBC’s international charity, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work in more than 20 of the world’s poorest and most fragile countries, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Each year, our projects and programmes reach 100 million people facing poverty, inequality and insecurity with the information they can trust - helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We are independently funded and rely on the valued support of our donors and partners.
We are looking for a highly motivated, imaginative, and experienced individual to create and produce graphics and illustrations for our online learning course in podcasting. Reporting to Senior Digital Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality assets like illustrations, graphics and icons for our online course production.
Main duties and accountabilities:
• Three to five years of experience in graphic design;
• Excellent Adobe CS skills with great knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator with ability to produce bespoke digitally drawn assets from scratch;
• Ability to design original assets like 2D graphics, illustrations, icons and infographics for online courses;
• Ability to visualize scenario-based editorial case studies and examples;
• Experience designing graphics within branding guidelines and technical specs and ability to maintain brand consistency throughout all assets;
• Knowledge of video formats and social/web specifications;
• Ability to work calmly and to tight deadlines within a small team;
• Solutions focused with a “can do” approach;
• A portfolio demonstrating your experience;
• Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy and the staff Code of Conduct;
• Participate in relevant mandatory training on Safeguarding and Respect at Work;
• Report any Safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy;
• Strong understanding of and commitment to BBC editorial values
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
• Conceptualize, plan, design, and produce a wide range of specialized assets like 2D graphics, illustrations, flat design icons and infographics;
• Work closely with Senior Digital Product Designer to ensure deadlines and project expectations are met;
• Work closely with Learning Designer and Motion Designer and provide ready-to-use graphics;
• Ensure design consistency across all assets.
Job Email id: muge.ozkaptan(at)bbc.co.uk