Image: Wikimedia Commons
Islamabad: Pakistan has confirmed the presence of polio virus in samples collected from seven cities.
According to authorities, the poliovirus has been detected in four Khyber Pakhtunkhwa cities. Sewage samples from Peshawar, Bannu, Nowshera, and Swat were collected for testing, Geo News reported.
Polio has also been found in sewage samples from Islamabad and Rawalpindi, the Pakistan news agency reported.
Federal officials have reported 13 confirmed cases of polio in North Waziristan and one in Laki Marwat.
- Gender inequalities hampering global efforts to end AIDS
- Mpox:WHO recommends new name for monkeypox disease
- Nearly 40 million children susceptible to measles due to COVID-19 disruptions
- China: COVID-19 cases hit record figures high
- WHO convenes experts to identify new pathogens that could spark pandemics