HealthState of Health
Spain confirms 12 new monkeypox cases
Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 01 Jun 2022, 07:45 am Print
Image: UNICEF/Piero Pomponi
Madrid/UNI/Xinhua: The Spanish Ministry of Health confirmed 12 new monkeypox cases, raising the total caseload to 132.Spain, followed by Britain, becomes the country with the most detected cases of the disease in the current outbreak.
Although the health ministry did not detail the origin of the positive cases, at least 96 were from the Madrid Region, while six are fromCanary Islands, nine from Catalonia, three from the Basque region, four from Andalusia and one each from the Autonomous Communities of Aragon and Galicia.
All of the patients are reported to suffer from mild symptoms and are being isolated at home.
- Ex-top Chinese government scientist says the possibility of COVID virus leak from lab cannot be ruled out
- Pakistan: Wild polio virus detected in environmental samples
- Kazakhstan officially lifts Covid restrictions
- China: Current Covid infections feature low prevalence level, mild symptoms
- Stop tobacco farming, grow food instead, says WHO