Islamabad: Pakistan is slowly witnessing a rise in COVID-19 deaths after days of decline as 43 people succumbed to the virus in a single day, media reports said on Wednesday.
The death toll in the country due to the virus remained below the 40 mark for the past five days.
As per today's statistics, the new additions placed the country's total number of coronavirus deaths reported so far at 30,096, reports Geo News.
The national COVID-19 body said it conducted 41,744 diagnostic tests in the last 24 hours, of which 1,232 came back positive. With this, Pakistan's coronavirus positivity ratio rose to 2.95% and the overall case count to 1,503,873, the news channel reported.
- Gender inequalities hampering global efforts to end AIDS
- Mpox:WHO recommends new name for monkeypox disease
- Nearly 40 million children susceptible to measles due to COVID-19 disruptions
- China: COVID-19 cases hit record figures high
- WHO convenes experts to identify new pathogens that could spark pandemics