Image: Wikimedia Commons
Beijing: Chinese government authorities have put Yuzhou into complete lockdown after just three asymptomatic Covid cases were discovered, media reports said.
Yuzhou - which has a population of 1.1 million - saw its transport system shut down and all but essential food stores closed overnight, reports BBC.
It is following a similar lockdown like Xi'an.
The population in Xi'an has been put under strict lockdown since Dec 23.
The strict measures come ahead of the Lunar New Year and the Winter Olympics due to be held in Beijing, reports BBC.
China is believed to be the country from where the COVID-19 virus first originated.
- Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes may adopt other healthy routines: Study
- Total Covid-19 incidence rate in North Korea spikes to 1.2 mln
- WHO ready to support DPR Korea battle COVID-19 infections
- North Korea registers six deaths due to COVID-19
- China: Shanghai reports 322 confirmed, 3,625 asymptomatic local Covid-19 cases