Pakistan's Islamabad city has registered the first case of Omicron variant, media reports said on Saturday.
According to the sources, the patient has no international travel history; nonetheless, the patient recently traveled to Karachi, Geo News.
The patient reportedly is in good health and has only minor symptoms. Contact tracing is currently being done to detect more cases, the sources added.
The Omicron has now been reported from different corners of the world.
- Gaps in surveillance, testing, sequencing and vaccination are continuing to create perfect conditions for a new COVID-19 variant of concern to emerge: WHO
- Many persons with disabilities face premature death due to health inequities
- Africa’s advances in maternal, infant mortality face setbacks: WHO
- Proven solutions must be put in place to end AIDS by 2030: Guterres
- Chinese: Mainland reports 4,233 new Covid cases