Pakistan's Islamabad city has registered the first case of Omicron variant, media reports said on Saturday.
According to the sources, the patient has no international travel history; nonetheless, the patient recently traveled to Karachi, Geo News.
The patient reportedly is in good health and has only minor symptoms. Contact tracing is currently being done to detect more cases, the sources added.
The Omicron has now been reported from different corners of the world.
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster
- More than one million lives were saved in Europe due to COVID-19 vaccines, says WHO