Lima/Sputnik: The Brazilian strain of the coronavirus has been detected in three regions of Peru: Loreto, Huanuco and Lima, Health Minister Pilar Mazzetti said.
“The National Institute of Health has confirmed that the Brazilian strain of the coronavirus had been found in three regions of our country: Loreto (northeast), Huanuco (north) and Lima (center),” Mazzetti said addressing the Congress on Thursday.
She added that the coronavirus of the second wave is more contagious than of the first one.
The B.22.214.171.124 strain of the coronavirus was detected in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro in late December.
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster