Moscow/Sputnik: US pharmaceutical company Moderna said it planned to produce at least 600 million doses of its vaccine against COVID-19 in 2021, not 500 million as previously announced.
"Moderna, Inc. (Nasdaq: MRNA), a biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines, today provided a supply update for the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, increasing its base-case global production estimate from 500 to 600 million doses for 2021," the company said in a statement on its website.
"Moderna said it is continuing to invest and add staff to build up to potentially 1 billion doses for 2021," it said.
- One in eight people on Earth is living with obesity, warns WHO
- New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine is now tuition-free after receiving a USD 1 billion donor gift
- Bubonic plague case detected in US
- WHO says five nations awarded for their efforts towards eliminating mass-produced trans fats in food
- Study finds kiwifruit is a powerful mood booster