Ottawa (Xinhua/UNI) Forty-six people have been rushed to hospital, including 15 in critical condition, following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in the City of Winnipeg, Canada's Manitoba, local authorities said Tuesday.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews responded to the alarm around 10 a.m. local time and detected CO of various levels throughout the building, up to 385 parts per million, City of Winnipeg said in a series of tweets.
Quoting officials, CBC News reported that among the 46 hospitalized, 15 are in critical condition, 5 unstable, 26 stable.
- Blood pressure connected to eye health in young children
- ‘Long, hard road ahead’ for countries taking piecemeal approach to COVID
- Scottish authorities make indoors face masks mandatory in phase 3 reopening
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases, total confirmed cases remain at 355
- Pause before sharing, to help stop viral spread of COVID-19 misinformation