Mexico City: 'Life threatening' and 'potentially catastrophic' Hurricane Willa made landfall in Mexico on Tuesday.
The category three storm is packing winds of 195 kilometres/hour.
Residents have been told to stay indoors by the National Hurricane Centre.
Earlier this month, Hurricane Michael killed at least 27 people as it ravaged the southern parts of the USA.
- Caribbean sees first regional launch of global plan on early warning systems
- Revive and restore wetlands, home to 40 per cent of all biodiversity
- 3 die in New Zealand’s Auckland amid floods: Reports
- Climate crisis and migration: Greta Thunberg supports IOM over ‘life and death’ issue
- Magnitude 5.9 earthquake hits Nepal, tremors felt in New Delhi