Islamabad: A 6.1 quake jolted several parts of Pakistan, resulting in the loss of a life, local Dawn News reported.
Additionally, at least 15 people were injured as tremors were felt in Quetta, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Charsadda, Murree, Sargodha, Shangla, Haripur and Gujranwala.
The epicenter of the quake was deemed to be in Jurm, in northern Badakhshan province of Afghanistan.
The deceased, identified as a minor girl, was crushed to death after the room of her residence caved in during the tremor.
The incident took place in Lasbela district of Pakistan's Baluchistan province.
According to officials, the injured have been moved to a nearby hospital.
- UN atomic energy agency to work with Japan on Fukushima water disposal
- Forest fires cause irreversible wildlife damage in Nepal
- Paris goals still ‘long way off’, says President of UN climate conference
- Renewable energy access key to climate adaptation in Africa: UN chief
- One-horned rhino census stopped temporarily in Nepal as tiger kills mahout