Moscow/Sputnik: The price of Bitcoin, the most popular cryptocurrency, has hit a new all-time high above $56,000.
On Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in terms of trading volume, Bitcoin was trading up 7.8 percent to $56,368, as of 21:25 GMT on Friday.
According to the CoinMarketCap portal, which calculates the average price for more than 20 exchanges, Bitcoin is now rising in price by 7.9 percent to $56,100.
- UN Development Programme urges temporary basic income for women hit hard by COVID-19 fallout
- China’s fiscal risks ‘extremely severe’, former Chinese finance minister warns
- Financial transparency, 'sound governance and accountability’ essential to reach Global Goals
- ILO urges better policies to protect workers, businesses, as digital platforms proliferate
- UK unemployment rate up to 5.1 pc in Q4 of 2020 - Office for National Statistics