Moscow/Sputnik: SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk overtook Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index (BBI), with his total net worth gone up by $13.6 billion to $195 billion.
Bezos, who used to be on top of the list since 2017, comes second with a net worth of $185 billion.
He is followed by Bill Gates of Microsoft with $134 billion, Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy President Bernard Arnault with $116 billion, and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg with $102 billion.
Musk's promotion occurred amid Tesla's shares hitting record $816 as of Thursday, and capitalization reaching $773.6 billion.
All the top businessmen are from the United States and the tech industry, except for Arnault who is French and from the consumer sector.
- United Nations ESCAP partners with SEAF to launch the Women’s Economic Empowerment Fund
- S Korean gyms, cafes sue government over losses amid COVID-19 restrictions: Reports
- United Nations launches a Women Enterprise Recovery Fund
- US weekly jobless claims barely changed at 787,000 in week to January 2: Labor Dept.
- World Bank expects global economy to expand by 4% in 2021