Stockholm/Sputnik: Passenger traffic at the ten largest Swedish airports decreased by 98 percent due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), according to statistics released on Tuesday by operator company Swedavia.
"In May, about 80,000 passengers passed through ten airports of Swedavia. This is a 98 percent decrease compared to 3.6 million passengers registered in the same period last year," the company said.
According to Sweden's Public Health Agency, the death toll from COVID-19 in the country reached 4,717 people on Tuesday, with the overall confirmed case tally nearing 46,000.
- Mexico loses over 900,000 jobs due to COVID-19 in first half of 2020
- UN chief highlights need for decent jobs to fuel COVID-19 recovery
- Business sector still far from reaching sustainability goals, UN report shows, 20 years on from landmark summit
- Helping youth enterprise take off, will bring sustainable returns, say UN economists
- Eurozone jobless rate inches up to 7.4 pct in May