Moscow/Sputnik: The Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group (banned in Russia) shelled Syria's Idlib de-escalation zone 46 times over the past 24 hours, Rear Adm. Alexander Karpov, deputy head of the Russian Defense Ministry's Center for Reconciliation of Opposing Sides in Syria, said at a briefing.
"Forty-six shelling attacks from the positions of the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group were registered in the Idlib de-escalation zone in the provinces of Idlib (22 attacks), Latakia (12), Aleppo (4) and Hama (8)," Rear Adm. Karpov said.
He said the number of attacks according to the Syrian side's data totaled 41.
- Turkey asks Taliban delegation to form inclusive govt in Afghanistan
- Recent Kosovo-Serbia tensions could ‘unravel steady but fragile progress’
- Yemen: Dialogue and compromise ‘only way forward’
- North Korea traders smuggling coal to China defying nuclear sanctions: Reports
- Hong Kong: Arrests under Security Law, a serious concern