Moscow/Sputnik: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip would continue as long as necessary.
Minutes earlier, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said that its air and ground units were attacking the Gaza Strip, following several days of intensive rocket fire from the Palestinian enclave.
"I said that Hamas would pay us a heavy price. We are charging this price and will continue to do that in a more intensive way. The last word has not been said yet, and this operation will continue as long as necessary," Netanyahu said in a statement on late Thursday.
- Sri Lanka: 6.2 magnitude earthquake hits Island Nation, no casualty
- UN chief hails SE Asia for vital role ‘building bridges of understanding’
- India-Uzbekistan Synergy at the SCO
- Kazakhstan to host Astana International Forum in June to address key global challenges
- Japan, Vietnam to work together to tackle China in nearby water: Reports