Moscow/Sputnik: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Israeli military operation in the Gaza Strip would continue as long as necessary.
Minutes earlier, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said that its air and ground units were attacking the Gaza Strip, following several days of intensive rocket fire from the Palestinian enclave.
"I said that Hamas would pay us a heavy price. We are charging this price and will continue to do that in a more intensive way. The last word has not been said yet, and this operation will continue as long as necessary," Netanyahu said in a statement on late Thursday.
- Palestine calls for full UN membership and a plan to end the occupation
- Libya working towards a democratic transformation, President tells UN
- Ukrainian President outlines peace formula that punishes aggression, restores security
- ‘The story of 2022 is freedom fighting back’ against aggression, UK Prime Minister Truss says in UN speech
- Leadership Council marks ‘new era’ for Yemen, but country remains wary of terrorist threat