Toronto/Sputnik: Canada is committing $34.5 million to projects aimed at defeating the Islamic State terror group (banned in Russia), Global Affairs Canada said.
"The Honorable Marc Garneau, Minister of Foreign Affairs, today announced more than $43.6 million in Peace and Stabilization Operations Program funding for 11 projects in Iraq and Syria," the Global Affairs Canada said in a statement on Tuesday.
Canada’s top diplomat made the commitment during the foreign ministers meeting of the US-led Global Coalition to Defeat the Islamic State Small Group.
Earlier on Tuesday, Canada also allotted $39.2 million in aid for those affected by the ongoing conflict in Syria as part of the Brussels V Conference pledging event that was co-chaired by the European Union and the United Nations.
- General Assembly adopts resolution on Russian reparations for Ukraine
- Germany decides to reevaluate relationship with China, Beijing irked
- China sends message to Taiwan by reshuffling top military in Eastern Theatre Command
- Pakistan one of the most dangerous nations in the world: US President Joe Biden
- China presents moderate face at United Nations