Moscow/Sputnik: Additional units of Russian military police, about 300 servicemen in total, are being deployed to Syria’s northeastern Al-Hasakah province in order to reinforce joint observation posts, the Russian military has announced.
"Our unit has arrived at one of the joint [with the Syrian government forces] observation posts in the province of Al-Hasakah. The main objective is to facilitate the de-escalation of the conflict in the region. Our servicemen are monitoring adherence to the ceasefire and providing various assistance to the local population," Maj. Dmitri Suntsov, the head of one of the joint Russian-Syrian observation posts said.
- Turkey asks Taliban delegation to form inclusive govt in Afghanistan
- Recent Kosovo-Serbia tensions could ‘unravel steady but fragile progress’
- Yemen: Dialogue and compromise ‘only way forward’
- North Korea traders smuggling coal to China defying nuclear sanctions: Reports
- Hong Kong: Arrests under Security Law, a serious concern