Just Earth News | @justearthnews | 08 Jul 2019, 06:50 am Print
Mike Pompeo Twitter page
Moscow (Sputnik/UNI) US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday Iran would face more sanctions and isolation if it continued ramping up uranium enrichment above the agreed limits.
"Iran’s latest expansion of its nuclear program will lead to further isolation and sanctions. Nations should restore the longstanding standard of no enrichment for Iran’s nuclear program. Iran’s regime, armed with nuclear weapons, would pose an even greater danger to the world," he tweeted.
Iran said this week it was about to break the limit on uranium enrichment above 3.67 percent set in the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
Tehran has repeatedly demanded that the European signatories to the deal shield it from US sanctions. Washington quit the deal last year, which waived sanctions on Tehran in return for curbs on its nuclear program.
- Trump signs 10% global tariff, says it takes effect ‘almost immediately’
- BJP wins a seat in Bangladesh — But not the one you think!
- Meet Shabana Mahmood: Could she take over as UK’s first Pakistani-origin Muslim PM?
- Dalai Lama's Office breaks silence on Epstein claims
- Russia says suspect in shooting of GRU Deputy detained in Dubai

