Islamabad: In a shocking incident, a Pakistani Hindu girl was intoxicated and raped by two men in Tando Mohammad Khan area on Friday, media reports said.
The victim is a minor.
Police have arrested two suspects in connection with the incident so far.
They were sent to police custody on Saturday.
According to the first information report (FIR) of the incident, which was lodged on behalf of the girl's father under Sections 376 and 34 of the Pakistan Penal Code, the victim had gone outside of her house to bring some groceries on Friday (June 7); while on her way, two unidentified suspects called her towards them. The girl said that when she went to them, the two forced her to drink liquor and then proceeded to rape her, reported Dawn News.
The father reportedly told police that after the girl did not return for a while they searched and found her in distress near Sugar Mills ground.
The father said the girl was taken to Civil Hospital Tando Mohammad Khan for treatment.
According to the father, they belonged to a nomad family and had recently come to Tando Mohammad Khan, although they used to live there in the past as well, reported Dawn News.
The victim was later shifted to Civil hospital Hyderabad.
Tando Mohammad Khan SSP Zulfiqar Talpur told Dawn that DNA samples of the girl and the two suspects have been taken for further investigation.
- With science ‘held back by a gender gap’, Guterres calls for more empowerment for women and girls
- Female Genital Mutilation costs $1.4 billion annually: UN health agency
- South Sudan: UN official welcomes release of women and children abducted by armed group
- Coding in Namibia: UN supports young women’s computing career dreams
- Sudan: Lives of traumatized, displaced women in West Darfur under threat