|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Asia|
|Location||:||Washington DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Mar 2021, 04:20 am|
|Closing Date||:||01 Apr 2021, 12:00 am|
Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, nonprofit international broadcasting corporation that broadcasts and publishes news, information, and commentary to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Its Department of Research, Training and Evaluation (RT&E) is responsible for measuring audiences for RFA’s language services and BenarNews, obtaining feedback on content and quality, tracking digital traffic and impact, and providing journalism training.
RFA is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with excellent writing and editing skills to join its RT&E team as an Editing and Translation Coordinator to edit research and evaluation reports and coordinate translation for RFA/BenarNews’ language services for internal evaluations.
• Edit evaluation and research reports and memos into clear and effective English. Assist in copying and distribution of these materials. Edit translations of RFA language services’ content into clear English, check translations with authors (as assigned) and format and distribute final translation documents.
• Coordinate translation of RFA content from broadcast languages into English. Serve as main liaison with translation contractors, ensuring high quality translation of video, audio, and text materials for evaluations and other purposes as assigned. Manage translation contracts and invoicing in coordination with the Finance Department.
• Provide administrative support for RFA’s language service evaluation and journalism training programs, working closely with RFA’s Training and Evaluation Manager. Take minutes of the evaluation sessions and manage edits and distribution of minutes.
• Support the research activities and analysis of digital data as directed. This may include generating charts, assisting with presentations, and writing memos.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, Asian studies, or related fields.
• Excellent written English skills.
• Editing experience.
• Strong computer skills, including extensive experience using Microsoft office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Superior organizational and administrative skills.
• Strong interest in journalism and news in RFA’s broadcast regions.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with ability to work well in a team environment and with a diverse range of personalities and cultures.
• Experience working in non-English-language environments and translating and editing the work of those for whom English is not their primary language.
• Experience with technical writing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
• Experience living in the target region, knowledge of one or more of RFA’s/BenarNews’ broadcast languages; understanding of history and politics of RFA/BenarNews’ target countries strongly preferred.
• Journalism or media experience.
• Knowledge of survey methodology and social science research.
• Skills relating to graphic design, media editing, web design, and digital analytics.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to Apply:
Send résumé with cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “Editing and Translation Coordinator” in the subject line.
Job Email id: rfajobs(at)rfa.org