|Organization Name||:||Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Jan 2021, 04:38 am|
|Closing Date||:||01 Feb 2021, 12:00 am|
• Start date: 1 March 2021
• 2-year contract with possibility of renewal (subject to a satisfactory performance assessment during the three-month probation period)
Duties and responsibilities
Overall purpose of the position:
To take charge of the entire IT and IT-related function and responsibilities of FORUM-ASIA to ensure a smooth operation of online systems.
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications(Office 365, VPN, Thunderbird + Encrypted Emails, VeraCrypt for Data Encryption andKeePass)
• Maintenance of all IT equipment including but not limited to: laptops, routers, conferencetools, QuickBook Windows 2008 servers, local network and other related devices andequipment.
• Maintain and troubleshoot the Dedicated Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Server (core managed), utilizedto host NextCloud & Uwazi (AHRD Website).
• Upgrade NextCloud and its relevant applications as needed.
• Maintenance of Centos 7 Dedicated server which hosts FORUM-ASIA’s & other websites(WordPress based) and collaborate with web developer/consultant, as necessary.
• Coordinate and liaise with server hosting provider(s)
• Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnose and resolve hardware and softwarefaults
• Replacing IT equipment parts as required
• Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
Selection criteria: Essential
• Bachelor Degree or higher in relevant field
• Five or more years of IT work experience
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, ITHelp Desk Technician or similar role
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
• Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (self-managed) and Centos 7 Server preferred
• Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (RemotePC)
• Some knowledge in Stun/Turnserver with dockers for Audio / Videos calls
• Priority will be given to prospective candidates with permission to work in Thailand
How to apply
Applicants are requested to fill in the Job Application Form (https://www.forum-asia.org/uploads/wp/2019/02/FA-ApplicationForm-2019.doc) and send it by email together with a self-introduction letter and two recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 February 2021, midnight Bangkok Time (UTC+7), stating “IT Support Application Your Full NAME” in the subject line. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (online or face-to-face) in the week of 8 February 2021. The selection process may include a written or practical assessment.
Job Email id: applications(at)forum-asia.org