|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Post Number: IEP/PA 104
Parent Sector: Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract: Project Appointment
Duration of contract: 1 year
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 26-SEP-2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of Contract: One (1) year with the possibility of an extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education around the world and other key actors to plan and manage education systems through its programmes of training, technical assistance, policy research and knowledge sharing. IIEP also has Offices Dakar and Buenos Aires.
This position is located in the Training and Education Programme (TEP) Unit of the International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP), UNESCO, Paris. IIEP’s training offer includes courses in various forms and lengths to provide professionals with the most practical, hands-on and flexible training in educational planning. The courses include residential and distance modes and a blend of both modalities. They range from two-week professional development courses to the comprehensive nine-month Advanced Training programme (ATP) on Education Planning and Management. The course offer is constantly up-dated to ensure that IIEP plays a key role in assisting states to address new demands and agendas, not least the Sustainable Development Agenda (SDGs), in partnership with governments and other development partners. IIEP also includes the IIEP Pole de Dakar and Buenos Aires Offices. For further information on our training programmes please go to Training.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director, IIEP and the supervision of the Virtual Campus Coordinator, the incumbent ensures that on-line courses with high and consistent quality levels are developed across the Institute's training programme offerings. The incumbent will support the design, implementation and evaluation processes of the on-line courses. The icumbent will also contribute to teaching, research and development and technical co-operation activities where appropriate and will contribute to the overall work of the Teaching and Education Programmes team. More specifically, the incumbent will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Assist content experts to select effective e-tutoring and assessment strategies;
• Revise existing training modules, assignments and resources to ensure effective teaching and learning;
• Support the development of multimedia resources (videos, interactive presentations, tutorials, etc.);
• Follow-up participants’ learning achievements and help ensure course completion;
• Identify new tools and technology to improve teaching and learning practices;
• Support the evaluation of online courses and programmes;
• Manage a learning platform (Moodle) for the preparation and delivery of online courses;
• Contribute to the general improvement of online teaching and learning practices;
• Contribute to teaching, research and development and technical co-operation activities.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
• Communication (C)
• Accountability (C)
• Innovation (C)
• Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
• Planning and organizing (C)
• Results focus (C)
• Teamwork (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in educat.ional technology, adult education & training, educational planning and management, education & development or a related field.
• Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in instructional design of on-line training of which preferably 1 year acquired at international level.
• Experience in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of on-line training for adults.
• Experience of working in diverse and multicultural teams.
Skills and Competencies
• Knowledge in the management of the Moodle learning platform.
• Knowledge of theories and learning design approaches in adult education and training in the context of developing countries.
• Initiative and ability to learn quickly in the post.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent knowledge of English.
Experience in and knowledge of the field of educational planning and management in the context of developing countries.
Languages: Good knowledge of French.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which, where applicable, may include 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc. For more information on benefits and entitlements, please follow this link:ICSC booklet
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted. The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Apply at: https://careers.unesco.org/job/Paris-Associate-Programme-Specialist-%28On-line-Learning%29/519762402/