|Organization Name||:||International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)|
|Location||:||Goma, Congo, Democratic Republic of|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Information Manager- French fluency required
(IN FRENCH BELOW)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a Dutch charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The Organisation has grown from innovative start-up to become a globally recognised charity and a valuable component of the humanitarian safety coordination system.
Today the Organisation provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in 14 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO DRC provides services in the Eastern DRC to over 145 humanitarian organisations with the aim to enhance the delivery of aid and preserve the safety of staff. INSO operates from four regional offices in Goma (North Kivu), Bukavu (South Kivu), Bunia (Ituri) and Kalemie (Tanganyika).
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Information Manager (IM) to be based in Goma with frequent travels to our field offices in Bukavu, Bunia and Kalemie and other travels as required.
The primary aim of the position is to develop high quality data visualization products including maps and graphs, effectively manage INSO’s database as well as the registration process of INSO’s partners.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in GIS and Information Management, be inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and leading high performing teams.
• Identify map information needs and sources in collaboration with the Program teams.
• Collect geographical data for analysis and presentation.
• Produce high quality maps, graphs and other products to support INSO’s analysis and facilitate NGOs’ understanding of the conflict.
• Provide GIS-relevant inputs on field missions intended to gather data for INSO outputs, including maps.
Incident Database Management:
• Ensure that information contained in INSO DRC’s Incident Database is correctly categorized, promptly updated and of easy access to its users.
• Monitor the accuracy and quality of data collected by Field Offices.
• Monitor the registration and update of INSO-registered partners through INSO’s Partners Portal.
• Supervise and support the Information Officer and GIS/IT Officer (national positions).
• Closely work with Programs department in order to understand and respond to their needs.
• Train all relevant staff with data-entry responsibilities (Information Officer, Safety Advisors, Assistant Safety Advisors) on Database Management.
• Manage and regularly update Sharepoint folders with relevant materials.
• Elaborate materials for advertising INSO services under the guidance of the correspondent departments.
• Assist in implementation of IT and Information policies.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Geography, Information Systems or relevant field.
• Fluency in French required (written and spoken). Good knowledge of English.
• 3-5 years of experience in GIS and data visualization in a similar humanitarian organization and context.
• Extensive experience with ArcGIS for data management and manipulation, strong ArcGIS technical skills including creating topologically correct shapefiles and geodatabases.
• Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to GIS and the management of information in crises contexts.
• Strong cartographic skills, including the development of templates and adherence to cartographic standards are highly desirable.
• Extensive experience with Excel.
• Familiarity with QGIS and online-geoservices (such as Carto.com) highly is desirable.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
• Fluency in French required and working knowledge of English desirable (Written and Spoken)
• Experience in security and/or political mapping.
• Knowledge of analytical software (Tableau, SPSS, PowerBI).
• Prior knowledge of the DRC context is an asset, working experience in this region a plus.
• Working experience with humanitarian organizations, particularly with NGOs.
• Staff management experience.
Key Personal Competences:
• Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
• Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
• Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
• Meeting of tight deadlines, with the availability to work during weekends if necessary.
• The holder must safeguard the access of information by unauthorized parties.
Terms & Conditions:
12-month contract with an expected start date of 01 November 2020, €4,550 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every 3 months with a €1,000 allowance per each R&R cycle, in-country housing provided, global medical coverage (excluding USA) and AD&D coverage.
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “INFORMATION MANAGER” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
• Updated CV (2 pages maximum).
• 3 to 4 position relevant map examples created by the applying candidate in the past.
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
Job Email id: jobs(at)drc.ngosafety.org