|Organization Name||:||Center for Economic Research in Pakistan (CERP)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
POSITION: Associate, Finance
PROJECT: Core Management Team
LOCATION: 29-P, Gulberg II, Lahore, Pakistan
START DATE: As soon as possible
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: Minimum One year
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: ACCA or CA-inter
The Centre for Economic Research in Pakistan, or CERP, is a leading independent nonpartisan policy institution focused on improving decision making in Pakistan through evidence-informed research, engaging with policy counterparts with real policy challenges and designing and advising on high impact reforms based on data. At CERP, we also deploy cutting edge pedagogy tailored for Pakistan and provide data insights to the private sector on product and process design.
Job Description and Responsibilities
• Initiates financial accounting for research grants and contracts including documentation, compliance, reporting, and reconciling
• Acts as a pre-award grant budgeting resource and reviews grant and contract proposals - makes recommendations.
• Ensure that books of accounts are closed on monthly basis including bank reconciliation and project reconciliations.
• Prepare project projections and monitor under / overspend.
• Monitor effort reporting as related to allocation of salaried employees’ time spent on research projects. Also, keeps a track of resource costs shared between projects.
• Coordinate and prepare, on a timely basis, information related to external reporting requirements associated with all research grants and contracts.
• Day-to-day accounting functions to properly allocate research projects revenues and expenditures in accordance with funding guidelines and recognized cost principles.
• Carry out correspondence, coordination and reporting as required for the research projects.
• Liaison with Financial and Tax Consultant.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
• Other duties as necessary
• ACCA, CA-inter, MBA Finance, MS Finance and Accounting, M.Com or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience in finance.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, but also as part of a team
• Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in MS Office suite with an understanding of the role of IT in management; knowledge of Quickbooks or ERP is a strong plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should fill out this Online form (https://bit.ly/3gCYNec) and additionally submit a CV, cover letter, transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Associate, Finance”.
Only successful candidates will be contacted regarding further steps in the application process.
Deadline for submission of applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Job Email id: careers(at)cerp.org.pk