|Organization Name||:||World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Job Type: Manager
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR) is an hosted platform in WBCSD to lead improvements in the socio-economic and environmental performance of the natural rubber value chain.
Initiated by the Tire Industry Project (TIP), GPSNR now comprises members from the whole of the Natural Rubber supply chain including producers, processors, tire manufacturers and car makers, as well as representatives from civil society organisations. This multi-stakeholder collaboration has resulted in development of an ambitious, wide-reaching, common set of priorities for the natural rubber supply chain.
The GPSNR will work to harmonise standards to improve respect for human rights, prevent land-grabbing, protect biodiversity and water resources, improve yields, and increase supply chain transparency and traceability.
Programme: Global Platform for Sustainable Natural Rubber (GPSNR)
Position: Impacts and Assurance Manager
Department: Impacts and Assurance
Reporting to: GPSNR Director
Substitute: As designated
Starting date: 3 August 2020
Program website: www.gpsnr.org
Company website: www.wbcsd.org
Office location: 2 Science Park Drive, Unit #01-03, Singapore 118222
The Impacts and Assurance Manager will be responsible for assisting GPSNR Working Groups in the development and implementation of sustainability standards, procedures and guidelines for GPSNR. She/he will be responsible, in coordination with the GPSNR Director, for the overall management of the technical work of the Platform, including providing advice and input of strategic and policy significance to facilitate decision making.
Responsibilities and duties
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
• In coordination with the GPSNR Director, ensure the development and revision of standards, technical procedures and guidelines for the production of sustainable natural rubber in line with the decision of the relevant Working Groups.
• Provide the required leadership to ensure effective and timely management of the various Working Groups under the purview of the Department.
• Contribute technical guidance to Working Groups towards the development and implementation of the Platform’s strategy.
• Provide clear direction for the effective inclusion of Smallholders in the GPSNR strategy/theory of change.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the daily operational activities of the department, including budget tracking and budget reporting (eg to external donors), management of consultants, events and workshop planning, etc
• Ensure provision of sufficient allocation of resources to GPSNR’s impacts and assurance programmes to ensure their performance.
• Contribute in building the credibility of GPSNR through the engagement of internal and external stakeholders.
• With assistance of GPSNR Communication Executive, communicate in a timely manner the progress and changes in GPSNR policies, procedures and guidelines to relevant stakeholders, via but not limited to written communications as well as events such as meetings, trainings, seminar, conferences etc.
• Be a resource for coaching and motivation of the department staff. Identify learning opportunities for their development and advancement, track work progress in order to build staff competence on the job and encourage motivation, proactiveness and job satisfaction of all direct reports.
• Degree in the field of Environmental Sciences, Forestry or equivalent. A Masters Degree may be advantageous.
• Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in a related area in an international environment
• Experience in the Natural Rubber Supply Chain and in working within Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives will be an advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
• Familiar with economic, environmental and social issues with relations to the natural rubber industry
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and/or projects – Project management certification a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders
• Proficiency in English with good communication skills. Knowledge of Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, French, or Spanish will be an advantage.
• Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities
• High integrity and a good team player
• Goal oriented and organized
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to work and /or manage a team under pressure
• Strong in strategic and negotiation skills
The position is full-time and based in Singapore but will also require international travel.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
• Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
• Flex-time and part-time possibilities
• Dynamic working atmosphere
• Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
• International relocation support
• Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
Apply at: https://careers.wbcsd.org/job/impact-assurance-gpsnr/