|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Asia|
|Location||:||Washington, DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Radio Free Asia (RFA) seeks a solution-driven, highly motivated Chief Technology Officer (CTO). This individual will be responsible for leading RFA’s Technical Operations Division and its departments of Production Support, Projects & Development, Systems Administration, Web Tech, Help Desk, and Facilities Support. They will be responsible for creating and implementing RFA’s overall technology strategy for creation and delivery of RFA programming and content (audio, video, web, and more) to its target audiences via media platforms used by people in our target regions including radio, TV, apps, and social media. Additional responsibilities are aiding the efficient and reliable operation of its internal business processes, and managing the security of its equipment and systems in a heightened risk environment that presents many sophisticated, targeted, and persistent threats. This position requires being forward-leaning on finding practical solutions to complex and varied challenges faced by our journalists, contributors, audience and affiliates; communicating effectively with management and staff alike; and comfort with and appreciation for a diverse workplace environment with employees from different cultures. Candidates should have a minimum 15 years’ experience in broadcast and media production and a passion for RFA’s mission.
• Providing strategic oversight of RFA Technical Operations Division consistent with the mission of RFA, including planning, projects, budgets, day-to-day operational and infrastructure management and support.
• Developing and implementing RFA’s organizational technology policies in compliance with relevant regulatory standards.
• Collaborating with senior staff and service directors to assess needs, establish goals, and translate technology capabilities into solutions.
• Communicating goals, projects, and timelines of RFA to the Technical Operations Division; planning ways to execute those goals within the department.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to Technical Operations team members.
• Fostering communication of technical policies and initiatives between RFA departments and continuous improvement of staff-management relationships.
• Directing overseas bureau technical operations, including facilities, security, and space design.
• Keeping abreast of technology trends and developments and advising senior staff of potential opportunities and pitfalls, including external dynamics and developments relevant to reaching RFA’s target markets.
• Working with outside relevant groups including RFA’s funding agency (USAGM) to coordinate digital broadcast and metadata standards across its various entities.
• Serving as point of contact for all of RFA’s technology, and developing and maintaining relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
• Developing, tracking, and analyzing technology performance metrics.
• Overseeing the development, modification, and operation of the network system security architecture and associated security protocols, informed by emerging security threats and corresponding best practices.
• Developing and implementing a disaster recovery plan in the event of a breach. Reviewing reports and evaluating response to any security incidents.
• Ensuring periodic audits and due diligence checks of security protocols, evaluating systems for vulnerabilities.
• Developing and/or providing training and guidance on acceptable use, risk management, incident response, and security protocols to all employees.
• Periodically briefing senior management on status of security system and protocols.
• Minimum 15 years progressive IT experience, including in the areas of strategy, project management, budgets, systems and network administration, operations and infrastructure management, and supervision of IT personnel. Experience in a broadcast media company strongly preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in a senior leadership role.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field of study; master’s preferred.
• Expertise in all areas of responsibility for this role, especially of key technologies and integrated systems architecture, network system security architecture and associated security protocols, risk management, and disaster recovery planning,
• High degree of professionalism and ability to work with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Proven track record of leadership, management and organizational skills, including the ability to lead a diverse and inclusive team of staff in multiple global locations.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal), presentation, public speaking, and listening skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience working successfully in a highly diverse environment with staff at all levels.
• Expert-level knowledge of current and evolving trends in IT.
• Fluency in written and verbal English required, proficiency in one or more of RFA’s broadcast languages desirable.
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the U.S. as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply: Send résumé with cover letter referencing "Chief Technology Officer" in subject line via e-mail to email@example.com.
Job Email id: rfajobs(at)rfa.org