|Organization Name||:||Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL)|
|Location||:||Regional / Global|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Oct 2022, 05:58 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Nov 2022, 12:00 am|
DEPARTMENT: Development & Marketing
REPORTS TO: Development and Marketing Director
STATUS: Full-time, exempt employee
UPDATED: September 2022
The Manager, Individual Giving is a key leadership position within CORAL’s Development & Marketing team, which is responsible for securing large gifts from individual donors to support our programs and operations. CORAL has plans to grow its impact throughout this decade to address the serious threats affecting coral reef ecosystems and the human communities they support.
The Manager, Individual Giving is responsible for helping meet revenue goals in support of CORAL’s expanding programs and general operations through managing and growing a portfolio of existing and new individual donors. The Manager, Individual Giving will work in close partnership with the Executive Director, Development and Marketing Director, Development Manager, and supervise a Development Coordinator in our team’s efforts to execute our fundraising strategy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a portfolio of 150+ prospects and donors at the $5,000+ level; Refine moves management system that puts donors on coordinated schedules for solicit, thank, report, ask, and repeat.
• Develops expert familiarity with CORAL’s programs and strategic vision; Provides program information to donors and prospects and their advisors; Contributes to the creation of personalized funding collateral and correspondence that demonstrate impact, appreciation, recognition, and engagement of donors.
• Support the development of a mid-level giving program and a planned giving program to fill current gaps in CORAL’s fundraising strategy.
• Explore donor networks and perform wealth screening to bring new prospects to the major donor pipeline.
• Have a donor-facing presence to drive relationship building via personal visits, phone calls, ongoing written contact, and events.
• Schedule, script, and lead donor and prospect interactions (in person, video, phone, and email); Guide and direct Executive Director, Development Director, staff, and board in cultivation and solicitation activity.
• Uses donor databases (Salesforce) to keep donor records up to date, track progress, and plan.
• Actively contribute to team priorities, such as enhancing and improving systems, and collaborate with colleagues in Development, Marketing, and Programs.
• Work collaboratively with Associate Director of Marketing on ongoing strategy to increase revenue and new major donor pipeline
• Supervise Development Coordinator in various development initiatives including but not limited to development operations, donor events and trips, virtual events, webinars, etc.
• Supervise Development Coordinator’s work within the Salesforce database for relationship management—building reports, tracking open activities, cultivation notes, key deliverables, and prospecting opportunities
• Train Development Coordinator to utilize data to evaluate the success of CORAL’s fundraising activities and identify improvements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of professional experience in successful experience in major-gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation.
• Experience soliciting and closing six-figure gifts from individuals.
• Commitment to the mission of CORAL
• Familiarity with environmental conservation, particularly around oceans
• Ability to absorb and synthesize complex program information and translate into a compelling case for donors.
• Superior people skills and excitement to connect with a wide range of donors in a remote work environment
• Ability to communicate well internally, with staff from numerous departments, and to communicate well externally, with prospective and current donors
• Superior attention to detail, be it while listening to donors, writing emails to volunteers or taking notes during internal meetings
• Ability to proactively plan and be extremely organized in order to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines
• Experience writing persuasive communications (direct mail experience is a plus)
• Commitment to process excellence, efficiency, and accountability
• A sense of humor, commitment to candor and desire to be a part of a collaborative team
• Proficiency in constituent relationship management databases (Salesforce preferred) and wealth screening tools (iWave)
• Ability to think analytically and problem solve, combined with a willingness to ask questions and work collaboratively
• Energetic, hard-working, and a team player
• Positive, enthusiastic, professional image in representing CORAL, both internally and externally
• Discretion with confidential information
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Individual Giving” in the email subject line. Please note that we only have the capacity to respond to applicants with whom we would like to interview. No phone calls please.
The Coral Reef Alliance is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, or national origin.
Job Email id: mnorman(at)coral.org