|Organization Name||:||Education Development Center (EDC)|
|Location||:||Davao City or Cebu City, Philippines|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||30 Sep 2022, 10:19 am|
|Closing Date||:||22 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit organization that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Opportunity 2.0 is a program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) that will work with over 2,200 employers and at least 50 education or training institutions especially in major hubs like Metro Manila, Metro Cebu, and Davao and strengthen second-chance education programs for vulnerable out-of-school youth in the Philippines. Opportunity 2.0 will collaborate and work with national and local systems supporting youth in order to provide 180,000 youth with the skills and opportunities to improve their education, employment, and livelihood outcomes.
Achieving this vision will require a multi-faceted, systems-strengthening approach that aligns the formal education system, markets, and youth “sub-systems” at the regional levels. This will be achieved by providing experienced project personnel embedded in government departments; further aligning the input of technical assistance; and maximizing opportunities to bring together the respective stakeholders to identify and refine synergies and transition pathways for youth, particularly between Department of Education (DepEd)’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) program and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
The Communications Officer - Media Engagement will serve as the liaison of USAID Opportunity 2.0 Program to the local Philippine press. They will work directly with the rest of the Opportunity 2.0 team to promote the program and its partners and supporters through traditional and new media operating across the Philippines at a national and regional or local basis, in line with the Communication Strategy and the Branding and Marking Plan.
Coordination with the Opportunity 2.0 Senior Management Team, Program Technical Team, and Communication Team as well as USAID will likewise be done as needed in relation to media engagement. This position reports to the Communications Manager.
The Communications Officer - Media Engagement is responsible for ensuring Opportunity 2.0 fulfills USAID requirements that includes scene setters, talking points, speeches, success stories, reports, among other written knowledge products. The Communications Officer may use these written products as content to promote Opportunity 2.0 to target audiences through a variety of off and online channels.
The Communications Officer will update Opportunity 2.0’s knowledge products and communication tools accordingly to ensure they adhere to local context while upholding a strong and consistent application of the program’s branding and standards. In addition, the Communications Officer is responsible for providing appropriate communications support and guidance to the local field team to ensure successful implementation of program activities, including training/coaching when necessary.
The Communications Officer-Media Engagement specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work with the team to identify key content, develop communication materials, and promoting program progress in line with the program goals and communication strategy.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with key members of the media operating in the Philippines at a national and regional or local level.
• Build and maintain the program’s database of media contacts.
• Lead media monitoring and maintain a record of the program’s media coverage.
• Facilitate media requests, interview arrangements, and conduct of press conferences, as needed.
• Facilitate media visits to project sites, community partners, or project experts, as needed.
• Expand program engagement on social and new media channels through content generation including video production for use in the digital space or traditional media.
• In coordination with the Communications Manager, draft and edit write-ups on project accomplishments and milestones, event reports, success stories, and other similar materials to feature in a variety of channels including USAID weekly highlights, Asia Bureau, social media copies, press releases, among others.
• Draft, edit, or package key knowledge products in appropriate formats (infographics, briefers, video script, art cards, social media copies, etc.) depending on the target audience and purpose of the material.
• Uphold the EDC writing style guide, Opportunity 2.0 communication strategy, and the Branding and Marking Plan according to USAID requirements on key program documents and deliverables.
• Support the implementation of public events and crucial functions such as launch ceremonies, agreement signings, publication launches, and project visits of USAID and Government of the Philippines representatives.
• Support Youth Development Alliances with communication needs including key messaging, local media engagement, and other external networks to leverage support in generating public awareness about education issues, delivering advocacy activities, or disseminating key messages, project accomplishments, and other information through print and other media.
Organizational Relationships and Employment Status
• Reports to Communications Manager
• Supervise: N/A
• Based in Cebu or Davao and available to travel to all project sites
• Regular full-time employee
• A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of relevant experience) in development communication, mass communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
• University degree in development communication, journalism, public relations, mass communications, or related studies.
• Masters (or equivalent years of relevant experience) or additional training or certification on public relations or media management, an advantage.
Skills and Experience
• At least six (6) years of relevant work experience, preferably in USAID-assisted projects
• Experienced in establishing or maintaining a network of media contacts
• Strong writing and copy editing skills demonstrated in a variety of high-level formats (technical reports, features, speeches, press releases)
• Strong skills and experience in developing content including digital, press releases, and case stories using clear, concise, and compelling messaging
• Fluent in written and spoken languages on Cebuano/Bisaya, Filipino, and English
• Experience in producing communication materials for varied audiences such as technical experts, donors, local governments, private sector, and youth with strong sense of graphic design on layout, communication products, video and photography quality
• Experience in relevant communications software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva as well as online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and WordPress.
• ·Demonstrated capacity on product development and desktop publishing for development projects
• ·Experience in media engagement, event organizing and documentation, an advantage.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of international development especially in the Philippine education sector; work experience on Alternative Learning Systems, Technical Vocational Education, and/or Youth Development is an advantage
• Demonstrated capacity to collaborate effectively with teams while working remotely or in-person
• Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment
• Willingness to work and travel in all project areas
This position can be based either in Davao City or Cebu City. Applicants must indicate their preferred location. EDC will not cover relocation costs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply at: https://bit.ly/3LAIaA6