|Organization Name||:||Direct Relief|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||05 Sep 2022, 04:48 am|
|Closing Date||:||02 Oct 2022, 12:00 am|
Program Reporting Manager, Ukraine (Contract)
About Direct Relief
Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 100 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay.
Since its founding in 1948, Direct Relief has worked to help people who confront enormous hardship to recover from disasters and improve the quality of their lives.
Direct Relief’s work earns wide recognition from independent charity rating agencies and watchdogs, including a 100% fundraising efficiency rating from Forbes, a place on Charity Navigator’s list of the “10 Best Charities Everyone’s Heard Of,” and inclusion in Fast Company’s list of “The world’s most innovative nonprofits.”
In response to the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine and neighboring countries, Direct Relief is building a team to support relief and recovery activities in Ukraine and impacted countries. Direct Relief is seeking an experienced Program Reporting Manager to support and coordinate real-time information flows regarding the ongoing large-scale humanitarian operation in response to the Ukraine crisis – in Ukraine and surrounding areas for refugees.
As a member of the Ukraine crisis relief and recovery team, the Program Reporting Manager will serve a vital role during Direct Relief’s response to humanitarian needs in Ukraine and outside for the refugees. The Program Reporting Manager monitors and reports on humanitarian conditions and Direct Relief’s response activities, writes and edits a wide range of public and internal information products, as well as develops charts, graphs, and other visuals as needed.
Working with Direct Relief’s diverse network of healthcare partners and stakeholders, the position will be immersed in some of the world's most complex issues – from healthcare access to large-scale humanitarian crises. The position will be joining one of the world’s leading medical relief organizations.
This position is based in Warsaw, Poland (though remote applications in the region will be considered) and includes up to 75% travel to Ukraine and other impacted countries. The position reports to the Senior Advisor and works collaboratively with the Ukraine Program Manager and Operations Associate, as well as other Direct Relief staff. Additional duties may be assigned as needs dictate.
This is a full-time contractor position for a minimum of one-year with the possibility of extension.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential but do not reflect all job functions performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Collect, synthesize, and analyze information on Direct Relief’s Ukraine relief and recovery efforts as well as national and regional developments that impact humanitarian conditions
• Use the information to draft, edit, produce, and disseminate a wide range of internal and external information products on Direct Relief’s disaster relief and recovery activities
• Collaborate with counterparts from other international and national relief agencies, UN agencies, governmental entities, and non-governmental organizations to ensure that relevant information is collected and reported back to Direct Relief
• Identify and meet organizational information needs, including for philanthropic, communications and executive staff
• Prepare talking points, memos, photography, presentations, briefings, and other correspondence pertaining to humanitarian issues and disaster response
• Arrange meetings and represent Direct Relief as needed
It is the responsibility of every employee and contractor to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, vendors, and constituents.
• Attend and contribute to coordination meetings with members of the Global Programs and Emergency Response teams, as well as other teams at Direct Relief as needed
• Prepare and submit weekly reports
In addition, the contractor is advised to keep current with local news and events, informing the Senior Advisor, and members of management at Direct Relief, of situations that might affect the day-to-day operations or long-term plans, and report potential problems and security concerns.
• A minimum of five-years of experience in the field of international affairs and/or humanitarian affairs, with responsibilities relating to strategic and internal communications and information management
• A degree in journalism, communications, or other relevant field; Or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
• At least one-year of cumulative overseas field experience in emergency or crisis environments
• Experience navigating multi-stakeholder organizations
• Fluency in English, and Ukrainian or Russian; ability to write in English
• Ability to travel internationally
• Work remotely in Poland
• Experience in humanitarian or medical settings
• Strong writing experience
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances and accustomed to meeting tight deadlines in extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environments.
Apply at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fa8d72e8-056e-498b-a0de-1d087018dd32