|Organization Name||:||Interactive Research and Development (IRD Global)|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||25 Dec 2021, 04:37 am|
|Closing Date||:||23 Jan 2022, 12:00 am|
POSITION CODE: HRD-PC/TD-376
JOB GRADE TILTE: Senior Officer
PROJECT: Pursukoon Zindagi - PIECEs
REPORTING TO: Program Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time Contractual (close-ended)
LOCATION: Karachi, Pakistan
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing research and operational activities for the PIECEs program at IRD focusing on improving mental health outcomes and quality of life for people living with psychosis in clinical facilities within Karachi. The main duties includes planning, delivery and supervision of research activities and deliverables, facilitating and manage clinical partner relationships necessary for successful delivery of the mental health project(s).
• Travel to implementing partner sites to collect and record data as outlined in the study protocol.
• Coordinates with implementing partner sites to Identify potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters.
• Support the coordination and set up of the Theatre of the Oppressed initiative to take place with different stakeholders; feedback discussion and lessons back to cross-site team.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
• Conducting regular monitoring and evaluation of study data and procedures e.g. tracking participant enrollments and assessments. Review data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with research subjects and partner liaisons to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
• Liaise with implementing sites, partners and Manager to ensure data is updated, data quality and confidentiality is maintained.
• Liaise with Implementing sites, partners and Manager to ensure fidelity to the protocol is maintained.
• Managing data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
• Support the manager in generating routine M&E and progress on deliverables for quarterly reports.
• Supports the implementation of mixed methods research and RCT protocol along with Manager and implementing partner sites.
• Conducts FGD and IDI; contacting potential participants to introduce study objectives and take consent.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data through generated through study activities.
• Support in the development and writing up of research manuscripts and grant applications.
• Work with partner organizations to collect and analyze data required for an economic evaluation of the intervention.
• Contribute towards the training and capacity-building of clinicians in the implementation of DIALOG+ as well as LEAP members.
• Support the arts partner to deliver trainings for the community engagement team at IRD.
• Work closely with arts partner to adapt and develop contextually relevant participatory arts-based methodologies for community engagement throughout the project.
• Support the manager in the development of a communications strategy to be implemented with various stakeholders and audiences for the duration of the project.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as related to the study protocol.
• Support the wider team with ad-hoc research, implementation or capacity-building activities in other mental health projects running within IRD.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA)
• Bachelors or Masters' in Social Sciences or Public Health, International Development or another relevant field.
• Medical Degree (MBBS) with at least 1 year of clinical experience working within a psychiatric setting.
• At least 2 to 3 years’ experience of coordinating and implementing health programs or mental health research projects within Pakistan.
• 1-2 years’ experience implementing program focused on severe mental health conditions.
• 1-2 years’ experience in conducting data analysis and supported publication of research works.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Urdu (written and oral).
• Strong conceptual understanding of mental health research methodologies.
• Strong supervisory skills and interpersonal and networking skills.
• Strong team player qualities and works well within a multi- disciplinary team.
• Proficiency in analyzing data on Excel and either STATA or SPSS 23.
• Proficiency in transcribing, coding and analyzing data on NVIVO.
Apply at: https://ird.global/apply/?job_id=4733