|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty|
|Location||:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
|Start Date||:||15 Nov 2021, 05:23 am|
|Closing Date||:||11 Dec 2021, 12:00 am|
Broadcast Engineer provides the broadcast engineering support in terms of building, developing, and maintaining RFE/RL broadcast facilities with an aim of enabling its broadcast mission.
Performs primary and secondary level maintenance and installation on all equipment items in the Central Engineering dep. Troubleshoots faulty equipment and develops solutions to support the broadcasting mission. Provides trouble call customer assistance for the broadcast staff. Provides field support to corporate bureaus.
• Performs design, installation and maintenance of audio and video studio equipment, including, but not limited to, studio cameras, microphones, mix boards, video switchers, studio lights and their control systems.
• Performs installation, periodic maintenance and component level repair of all Broadcast Equipment and support systems. Works on equipment in the analog and digital domain. Is required to install and trouble shoot digital audio/video editing systems based on a computer network topology. Works with studio acoustics and microphone patterns. Constructs studio enclosures, performs equipment population, assembles support furniture and builds out satellite transmission systems.
• Localizes technical problems and is responsible for their timely solutions
• Performs technical supervision during various broadcast activities.
• Coordinates work of broadcast engineering projects with language service staff and with colleagues in department.
• Provides documentation on all projects and job control documentation. Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
• Travels to foreign broadcast bureaus on broadcast engineering assignments, if needed.
• Works rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and nights, if necessary.
• Trains users/colleagues regarding the work in broadcast studios and their equipment, and in subsequent software modification.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Technical secondary education at minimum.
• Experience in the relevant technical discipline 2-5 years (Mandatory)
• Knowledge of audio and video studio equipment and operations.
• Knowledge of video formats, standards of their conversion and signal measurement.
• Knowledge of some video editing software, including Adobe Premier.
• Familiarity with computer technology in a broadcast environment.
• Ability to work with others on a team - be a team player, who can interact and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, and yet demanding work environment.
• Broadcast engineering.
• Experience in making hardware equipment operational and configured.
• Experience in working with digital and analog studio equipment, radio/TV digital and analog signal distribution systems.
• Relevant software knowledge.
• Understands and meets customer needs in a helpful way, whether they are internal or external clients.
• Working knowledge of English and Czech languages required, Russian is an advantage.
• Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Apply at: https://apply.teamio.com/public/respond?vacancy=1571489864&rps=202
Appointment against this post is on a local basis only. Please note that for the locally advertised positions preference will be given to those with a work permit and/or a valid residence status in the Czech Republic. Locally recruited employees should reside within commuting distance of Prague, Czech Republic, or be willing to move to take up work. They are not eligible for allowances applicable to candidates who are internationally recruited. Rather, they receive statutory benefits as per Czech labor law. Salary scales for locally recruited employees are based on the best prevailing local conditions. RFE/RL does, however, cover the costs of interview travel and, upon appointment, some relocation costs.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.