|Organization Name||:||Radio Free Asia|
|Location||:||Washington, DC, United States|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, Washington, DC-based, nonprofit corporation that provides accurate and timely news and information to Asian countries whose governments prohibit access to a free press. Delivered in nine Asian languages in addition to English, our journalism extends beyond radio to include web, video, mobile and e-books. Radio Free Asia (RFA) is seeking a talented, dynamic and versatile journalist to prepare, produce, present and place reports and programs on multiple media platforms for its Vietnamese Service. This position will be based in Southeast Asia (e.g., Bangkok, Taipei, or other location in region mutually agreed to by RFA and the selected candidate).
• Covering news and features about Vietnam in the Vietnamese language for audio, video, and online publication, as required.
• Using and cultivating a range of reliable and relevant sources inside and outside Vietnam.
• Conducting interviews with subjects inside and outside Vietnam with due care and sound editorial judgment.
• Helping to make RFA competitive as a news provider by posting news and video in a timely fashion on the RFA website and on social media platforms.
• Adapting RFA content for use in social media (e.g., creating videos suitable for viewing on smartphones).
• Writing stories accurately and under deadline; adapting materials from English and other languages into the Vietnamese language.
• Researching information online and from other relevant news sources, and incorporating multimedia, as appropriate, into news reports and features.
• Conducting video reporting from the field, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in broadcast or print journalism required (at least one year full-time experience in a media company preferred), multimedia experience (including TV) a plus.
• Academic credentials (Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field from an accredited college or university preferred) or equivalent transferable skills showing ability to gather, produce, write, and present news and information clearly and objectively.
• Knowledge and understanding of current political, economic and social conditions in Vietnam and surrounding areas.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in evaluating and presenting news.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize online media in creative and innovative ways and to adapt to new technologies as they evolve.
• Experience with post-production video editing using in-house software.
• Strong computer skills and ability to edit video using Adobe Premier Editing Suite. Experience with After Effects, Photoshop, Microsoft FrontLook, ENPS and audio software preferred
• Required language skills: Spoken and written fluency in Vietnamese and English languages.
• Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and revision needed by editors
RFA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
RFA encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If hired, the candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US as an employee of RFA. RFA reserves the right to reconsider or withdraw any offer of employment to any candidate whose authorization to work in the US as an employee of RFA, or extension of such authorization, would require RFA to file or support a petition or related documentation.
How to apply
Send résumé with cover letter (making reference to the position of "Asia-Based Vietnamese Service Broadcaster/Webcaster") via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-202-530-7797.
Job Email id: rfajobs(at)rfa.org