• Support other ad hoc research projects as requested.
• Provide support for SAIG research projects through secondary source monitoring and research.
• Provide administrative support to visiting Subject Matter Experts.
• Provide routine administrative and logistic support for all SAIG daily operations and activities.
• Support the implementation of the MEAL activities across the project.
• Conduct data collection.
• Clean and compile the collected data.
• Conduct initial data analysis under the guidance of the Head of SAIG and the Senior Research Officer.
• Produce reporting inputs for donor monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
• Support SAIG team in identification of project success stories.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Two years’ experience working in international assistance programming.
• Experience collecting qualitative and quantitative primary data including through focus group discussions, key informant interviews, and surveys.
• Experience conducting secondary source research from a variety of sources.
• Experience producing reporting inputs in English.
• Knowledge of digital and social media monitoring.
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills, flexible with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-cultural team environment.
• Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment, and adhere to deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, social science, or related field.
• Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic
• Knowledge of strategic communications.
• Experience working with the security sector.
MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
We believe that strong, resilient communities are the foundation of local, national, regional and international development and stability – and ultimately a safer, peaceful and more prosperous world. At ARK, we have delivered research and programmatic interventions validating this approach in over twenty countries since 2008. As a social enterprise we work in partnership with communities, our donors, and other implementers to build local capacities, generate opportunity and bring about sustainable change.
Our team covers a diverse range of professional backgrounds, from diplomacy, humanitarian, development and the military, to the UN, civil society groups, multilateral organisations, journalism and the private sector.
An ARK Person Is:
Smart: We think deeply about things. We’re proud of our institutional knowledge and our grounding in rigorous research, which we use to make informed decisions.
Humble: Our work leaves little room for pride or arrogance. Our operating environment is constantly evolving, and we recognise our limitations. We believe in and rely on the education and experiences of others while remaining quick to read, invite feedback, and ask sensible questions.
Accountable: Each of us want ARK, its partners, and beneficiaries to succeed. This means taking initiative, assuming ownership when necessary and never giving up on our beneficiaries. We are committed and accountable, to both our donors and the communities we serve.
Collegiate: We know we are stronger together, and that every contribution counts. We trust each other and always support each other.
Outspoken: We tackle diverse challenges, and we always want to find the best solution to a problem. We aren’t afraid to share our opinions and we want to hear those of others too.
ARK Group is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. ARK Group does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We welcome all kinds of diversity. ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK Group employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send a cover email and CV to email@example.com with ‘Research Officer – Lebanon’ in the subject line.
All applications will be reviewed. Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job Email id: hr(at)arkgroupdmcc.com