• Complete and assess in-depth community level needs assessments;
• Complete and assess individual Needs Assessment Interviews in order to identify children and parents facing critical situations;
• Provide one-on-one, tailored case management including direct, immediate protection to families identified as at risk;
• Provide direct support according to individual needs and action plans including food, education, school supplies, financial support, baby supplies, etc.
• Enrol children in school and remove barriers to enrolment such as transportation, school fees, uniforms, translation of documents, etc.
• Support children’s access to vaccines, including educating adults in the community to improve awareness about vaccinations, as well as how to obtain health cards to access overall health care;
• Provide appropriate social work guidance and/or counselling and ensuring regular and effective follow-up;
• Support in terms of administrative/legal matters related to the project.
COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT AND PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
• Support in the design of activities (such as life skills sessions) and tools dedicated to improving the beneficiaries' living situations and facilitating their future autonomy;
• Deliver training to community members to empower the communities and lead them towards further sustainability;
• Identify and develop partnerships with relevant local stakeholders (schools, medical centers, social services, etc.);
• Provide referrals to public safety, health and education services as needed;
• Develop ‘Action Plans’ with community members and work along these plans with the various stakeholders to empower the communities in their access to essential services.
• Empower Peers to proactively contact BDF Social Advisors if they identify needs or risks in their communities,
• Provide Assessment Tool Training to the construction company responsible to host the community and create and follow up Action Plan with the company representative
• Support the Program Manager in charge of the coordination of the community empowerment activities (scheduling of training and activities, planification, etc.)
• Identify beneficiaries who would benefit from BDF complementary projects and associated training (handicraft, sewing, financial literacy, etc); and,
• Provide life skills training to the peer educator and parents; and,
• During the context of Covid, delivering emergency foods & hygiene sets to the people in the communities.
MONITORING and REPORTING
• Develop and implement the overall monitoring system for the Family Support Program activities;
• Complete quantitative and qualitative monitoring data on BDF activities, following monitoring and evaluation systems and M&E plans Supporting the communication of information on the beneficiaries within the team;
• Report on every follow-up action held with the beneficiaries (home visits, activities, meetings, phone calls, …) and organizing the reports in the beneficiaries' files;
Social Work certificate (consider an asset)
Nationality: Thai or South East Asian nationals
Language: Native Thai, Intermediate spoken and written English (knowledge of Thai-Yai, Burmese or Khmer considered an asset).
Education: Degree or experience in a relevant field (social work / social development / training facilitation / international development / etc.)
• Experience as a social worker or experience related to development or social work
• Ability to understand family situations and conduct assessments
• Experience as a project coordinator or research coordinator considered an asset
• Experience in interviewing, counseling, and case management considered an asset
• Experience with non-profit organizations or in the humanitarian sector will also be strongly considered
• Knowledge/experience in a complementary field (healthcare, legal) will also be considered an asset
• Dynamic, creative, and demonstrates proven skills to work and engage with children
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to provide and receive positive criticism in a sensitive manner
• Highly motivated and flexible
• Committed to social work/child welfare and dedicated to the organization’s mission and values
• Positive energy and spirit and strong communication skills
• Reliable and respectful of local culture.
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday (flexible schedule) and occasionally on weekend & evenings
Salary: To be defined based on experience and qualifications) Complementary advantages provided (transportation and phone allowance, etc.)
How to Apply:
Please send all applications in English (CV/cover letter/2 professional references) via E-mail only to: Ms. Nang Sein Pwint, Deputy Director of Programs, at email@example.com) and CC. Recruit@baandekfoundation.org, The HR Department of Baan Dek Foundation
In the subject line of the email, please write - Apply for “Social Advisor – Chiang Mai” “(Your name)”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview in English. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit. To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal record. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Closing date for applications: N/A
More details on Baan Dek Foundation’s programs on www.baandekfoundation.org
Job Email id: nangsp(at)baandekfoundation.org