Support in administrative project management (ca. 70%), including:
• Controlling of budgets
• Preparation, and checking of financial project reports of the involved Regional Offices, other partners and/or subcontractors, as well as the World Secretariat as necessary, including payments to partners / sub-contractors
• Contract management (project contracts, sub-grants, cooperation agreements, service contracts, etc.)
• Support to project leaders in other aspects of projects upon need
Support in project acquisition and related processes (ca. 30%), including:
• Support in the coordination of project acquisition processes, keeping an overview on all proposal processes in the World Secretariat
• Support to technical teams in proposal writing, including administrative, contractual and financial matters, completing administrative forms, support the writing of budgets etc.
• Support the writing, editing and finalizing of project proposals and their coordination with partners
• Supporting project management compliance review processes, including taking over certain tasks that may go beyond those listed above
• Upon need, supporting other tasks in the team or extended World Secretariat team.
• Minimum of 1 year of professional experience of working in the field related to urban development, sustainability and/or project management preferably in an international organization or NGO
• Completed apprenticeship or university degree (or equivalent) in Business or Public Administration, Business Management or related fields
• Proficiency in MS Office, email programs
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Experience with legal documents (e.g. project contracts)
• Interest in international collaboration and urban sustainability
• Excellent command of written and spoken German
• Self-motivation, pro-active attitude, good interpersonal skills
• Good problem solving skills and solution oriented approach
• Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations and under changing priorities
• Well organized, accurate and very attentive to details
• Take ownership of activities and responsibilities
• Assertiveness, reliability and respect of required confidentiality
Terms and conditions:
• The position will be available as of 15.August 2022. The successful candidate reports directly to the Head of Global Projects.
• One year contract, with the possibility of extension
• The employment contract will be based on German law including visa/work permit
• Annual Salary: Starting at 31289 EUR (full time)) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s experience.
• Working hours: 40 per week (full time), paid leave: 30 days per year (full time)
• Three month probation period
• Working language: English
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Officer, Global Projects” in the subject line and send us:
• indication of citizenship and/or work permit for Germany
• Indication of possible start date
• All relevant documents (letter of motivation, CV (Euro pass format preferred), employment certificates) and information merged into one pdf. of up to 5 MB size
Equal Opportunity and Employment Policy
ICLEI World Secretariat’s hiring policy is geared to ensure that the organization hires employees without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, marital status, socio-economic background or sexual orientation. ICLEI’s policy is that applicants for employment and career progression are considered solely on the basis of their relevant qualifications and competencies.
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered. Applications will be reviewed continuously upon arrival. Therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable. The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position. In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content.
Application Deadline: 10 July 2022
ICLEI – local governments for sustainability e.V. (World Secretariat)
Job Email id: careers.bonn(at)iclei.org