• Assist to ensure a proper budgeting, budget follow-up and finance report, as per PSI calendar and as per the sponsors’ calendars.
• Keep track of timely cashflow of project transfers with the appropriate supporting documentation;
• Assist to ensure proper staffing in projects and participate in recruitment processes when needed;
• Develop the PSI digital projects database and documentation system linked to his/her area of work and ensure that the information in the system is up to date;
• Train and guide Project Coordinators and Project Assistants on project finances, administration and budget management (budget construction, follow-up, control and reporting).
2) Projects Management
• Support Project Coordinators and Projects Assistants in designing, planning, budgeting and monitoring of projects;
• Assist in the development of projects guidelines, monitoring and evaluation tools and training on project management for project field staff.
• Assist in activity reporting for PSI and governance bodies;
• Contribute to ensure quality project content in line with PSI global strategy and Policy and Strategy Team (PST) when needed.
3) Fundraising & external relations
• Assist in fundraising and representation towards Solidarity Support Organisations and other donors;
• Assist in preparation of applications for sponsorships;
• Participate in the coordination work with the Global Union Federations, Solidarity Support Organisations, affiliates and other allies.
Other duties as assigned by the Project Officers.
The position will report to the Projects Officers.
The position will work in close collaboration with:
• The project coordinators/organisers, the finance/admin staffs in the Region,
• The Finance team, the HR team, the COMS team and the Policy Officers.
Employment conditions: French open-end contract. Salary from €3,500 gross per month. Additional benefits include a 13th month salary, health coverage, pension contributions.
• Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in project management, social science or other related fields.
• Demonstrated experience in project management and monitoring, ideally with trade unions.
• A working knowledge of generally accepted international accounting principles and their application to an international organisation.
Skills and attributes:
• Ability to organise work in order to meet deadlines and ensure quality standards.
• Ability to maintain and promote a positive working environment with a variety of partners.
• Competence in financial applications and systems.
• Participatory facilitation skills.
• Strong time management and task coordination skills.
• Strong team player, able to communicate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated experience drafting timely, accurate reports for internal and external accountability.
• Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and experience working to advance gender equality within organisations or movements.
• Ability to travel across the country and the region.
At least 2 years’ experience in project monitoring within the trade union movement, civil society or equivalent at the national or regional level.
• Excellent communication skills in English is essential.
• Ideally French and Spanish fluent, at least one of the two languages.