|Organization Name||:||Re: Coded|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Do you have experience in financial management and donor compliance in the not-for-profit sector? Do you love getting into the details and get a kick out of establishing efficient processes and controls? If you’ve answered yes, this role could be a great fit! Scroll down to learn more...
What You’ll Do
We're a globally distributed team, and this is a 100% remote role (we would ideally like someone based in Turkey or the MENA region). We're also a young, fast-paced team which means you'll have a lot of opportunities during your first year (and beyond) at Re:Coded. Here's what you can expect, and we’ll also leave space for you to define your role, too!
In your first 90 days, you'll:
• Get to know Re:Coded inside out and understand finance processes
• Get into the details of donor compliance, including donor reporting, budget monitoring, documentation, and audit preparation
• Refine, develop and improve existing compliance and reporting processes
• Get to know donor contacts and establish great relationships
• In your first year, you'll own the following responsibilities:
Grant Reporting and Compliance
• Establish donor financial reporting protocol for all new grants
• Take responsibility for donor financial reporting of all projects in line with donor regulations and deadlines
• Respond to donor queries
• Monitor spending on a monthly basis to control under/overspending against budget
• Provide ad-hoc financial analysis for management to ensure high-quality project implementation
• Facilitate donor audits by preparing and reviewing documentation and ensuring it is in line with donor requirements
• Support the Director of Finance in preparing for the annual external audit
• Support the Director of Finance in managing the finance team in their daily operations
• Liaise with other departments in relation to all finance related matters
• Maintain a strong internal controls framework
• Oversee bookkeeping to ensure monthly financial statements are accurate and in line with accounting standards
• Support an environment of professional development, sharing and promoting best practices
• Train and provide mentoring to finance staff on matters related to grants finance management
• Be the right hand of the Director of Finance and be the “go-to person” for all finance queries in her absence
Indicators That This Could Be A Good Role For You
We’re looking for someone with:
• Solid experience as a qualified accountant
• Experience in international not-for-profit finance management
• Familiarity or experience working on projects funded by USAID and/or Bureau of People, Refugees and Migration (PRM). Experience working with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is also a bonus
• Thorough understanding and experience of donor compliance
• Competency with finance and budget management tools, processes and controls
• Great communication and collaboration skills
• A proactive, positive attitude
• Fluency in English (Turkish or Arabic is a plus)
Bonus points if you have…
• Experience working with remote teams
• Knowledge of Quickbooks Online
• An understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or US GAAP
• Familiarity with the MENA region
What We Offer You
We design our perks to offer the space and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. Here are a few benefits we offer:
• Have a flexible work schedule
• Competitive pay.
• Annual professional development stipend
• Free access to all Re:Coded courses and Coursera and Datacamp Subscriptions
• Private health insurance
• 33 days of paid time off
• New parents receive 12 weeks of paid parental leave
Apply for the Job
Not sure if it’s a good fit? We’d still love for you to apply! Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
• Submit your application. It includes your resume and thoughtful responses to the application questions.
• We review your application based on your skills and experience. While you wait you can learn about what's like to work at Re:Coded (https://www.notion.so/Life-at-Re-Coded-1861a8c2ae2e44688472546fce80ca38).
• Interview with Rachel Korb, Director of People and Operations and Shelley Hoy, Head of Programs . We'll begin interviews the week of 11, October.
• We’ll ask you to complete a test project.
• Interview with Sarah Priester, Director of Finance and Alexandra Clare, CEO.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Re:Coded. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, education, or disability status.
Apply at: https://recoded.applytojob.com/apply/AknO5lUKGn/Finance-And-Compliance-Manager