|Organization Name||:||Ministry Of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship|
|Apply email||:||Not Specified|
Job Description and Requirements
The Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship
The Digital Skills Association
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Job Opening: Operations Manager
About DigiSkills and the Youth, Technology, and Jobs Project
The Government of Jordan (GoJ) has received financing from the World Bank to implement the Youth, Technology, and Jobs (YTJ) project, which has become effective in April 2020. The YTJ project aims to improve digitally enabled income opportunities and expand digitized government services in Jordan. The project will build an impetus for private sector-led growth of the digital economy and make interventions to address specific constraints in the supply and demand sides of the digital economy. The project duration is five years. The Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship (MoDEE) is the implementing agency of the YTJ project.
Established in 2021 under Associations Law No. (51) of the year 2008, where the Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship (MoDEE) is the technical relevant Ministry, the Digital Skills Association (DigiSkills) is a novel product of years of work on making workable partnerships between the public and private sectors to enhance technical and vocational labor skills.
The mission of DigiSkills is to provide strong employer leadership that can deliver sustained improvements in people’s competencies as a cornerstone to increasing productivity and competitiveness of the Jordanian economy. DigiSkills provides bridges between employers and learning institutions to reduce the gap between demand and supply in the labor market. In this regard, DigiSkills is hiring core staff members that will support in achieving its objectives.
Through the Youth, Technology, and Job (YTJ) project, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship (MODEE) is supporting DigiSkills to achieve its mandate by hiring consultants that will enable it in achieving its objectives.
The objective of this ToR is to identify and hire an Operations Manager for DigiSkills through MoDEE to support the preparation and implementation of DigiSkills’ activities. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
• Facilitate coordination across teams/units within and outside the vertical, as well as with consultant team leads, to enable timely and quality deliverables
• Financial Management and Optimization: Strategically monitor, oversee and optimize costs by driving optimization strategies across the organization
• Procurement: Develop Terms of Reference and support the training service providers’ procurement with the Project Management Unit (PMU)
• Human Resources Management: Monitor financial and human resource allocation, and take actions to improve cost efficiency, financial viability of operations
• Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels
• Oversee necessary administrative functions
• Legal: Monitor adherence to various statutory, legal requirements, internal guidelines/ protocols and reporting obligations. Review and respond to audit observations
• Communications & PR: Represent the organization at various national and international forums to ensure DigiSkills is positioned as a leader in the skilling industry
• Other duties as assigned
Eligibility and Minimum Qualifications
• Prior work experience for a minimum of 8 years and a maximum of 12 preferably in operations management, project management, and any other relevant role
• Experience/familiarity with the digital skills ecosystem is desirable
• Experience overseeing financial management, procurement, human resource management and legal teams
• Experience in government work at both centre and state level
• Experience in dealing with national, international, and multilateral agencies
• Excellent business judgment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Capacity to deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule; facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
• Excellent computer skills.
• High level of cultural adaptability and sensitivity.
• Willingness to travel as needed.
Bachelor Degree or higher in Economics, Development Studies, Policy, Political Science, Management, Supply Chain, or any other related field.
Duration of Assignment
The contract period is for one year, renewable up on annual appraisal. The Manager, Operations must diligently perform in a proper and efficient manner the duties set out within this ToR and any other tasks or responsibilities that may arise in relation to DigiSkills needs.
Apply at: https://www.akhtaboot.com/en/jordan/jobs/amman/147663-Operations-Manager-at-Ministry-Of-Digital-Economy-and-Entrepreneurship